2007 Suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew you could do it JW :waytogo: Serge is just a doubter :lol: how long did it take you to fix the drl?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It did not appear that there was a bolt on the bottom. I simply took two bolts on the top off and then I moved the headlight assembly outwards and released the two plastic pins that align the headlight to the fender. I just got enough room in order to get my hand down there in order to exchange the bulb.

Well that's probably why you didn't have to take the bumper off ... either the bottom tab is broken, or the previous owner had the foresight to leave it unscrewed. Otherwise getting to that bottom tab is what takes most of the time and effort.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew you could do it JW :waytogo: Serge is just a doubter :lol: how long did it take you to fix the drl?

I wanna say it took me about 20 Minutes PLUS an additional 5 Minutes to cuss out GM Engineering based on my NBS experiences.

SERGE: Are we sure that there is a bottom tab on the 2007 Truck, as I checked the other side and it as well seems to have "some play" when I push on the bottom? (It does not appear to be mounted as "solid" as the top portion of the light assembly).

If the previous owner left the bottom tab off, then have to say WELL DONE! After mounting the headlight assembly back in its place, I would have to say that there is NO NEED at all for a screw on the bottom. The two (2) pins/plastic studs going into the fender PLUS the two (2) mounting screws on the top seem to be plenty to be holding that Light in place??????!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Off-loaded this afternoon at 1:00 PM in Cali.

Overall, I am very happy with the vehicle, no dings, dents or scratches. Interior looks clean and all seems to be working with the following exceptions (which I am NOT very happy about and I have already contacted Texas Direct Auto, we shall see what their reply will be):

-----> The Rear Bumper Cover for the Spare Lock is NOT INSTALLED as it was agreed.
-----> One of the front Daylight Running Bulbs is out and NOT WORKING (minor).
-----> The moment I started the truck the "SERVICE AIRBAG" Light comes on and the DIC (Driver Information Center) Display also states this issue (MAJOR)!!!!!!!!!

She drives nice and shifts as it should, no vibration or any alignment issues. This weekend she will receive a Major DEATILING job as well as the Door Debading.

So, NOW the QUESTIONS will begin:
- On the NBS truck changing the Daylight Running Bulb is a breeze. Can I do it myself with the NNBS truck, or is it a major pain?

- If my DIC shows me the Fuel Economy between 8 cyl. and 4 cyl., would my assumption be correct that the vehicle therefore does come with the Active Fuel Management System? (Did all NNBS Trucks come with that or is that an extra feature?

Thanks in advance guys.

Got word back from Texas Auto Direct stating the following:

"Mr. Woern,

Thanks for the email. I was out of pocket yesterday and regret the late return of your correspondence. I will ship you the bulb, and lock cover.

After I had noted the cover in our system, it was closed as completed. I am sorry that I was not able to put my hands on her again to verify.

I have my service manager notified of the situation with the service airbag light on. I did not see this notification when I was able to look over the truck. She will contact you as to how we can go about making this right for you. You should get some sort of communication from her today. I have placed your email on her desk.

Again I apologize that these issues slipped through our fingers, we endeavor to do a much better job than this. I look forward to hearing from you. I hope this finds you and yours doing well."

Seems like they are willing to take care of the issues for me and that's all anyone can really ask for. Mistakes will happen, as long as they are corrected all is good.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always heard very good things about them!! I'm glad to see that they do seem to be a reputable dealer! :waytogo: It's awesome that they genuinely appear to be working on making everything as easy and as painless as possible for you.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always heard very good things about them!! I'm glad to see that they do seem to be a reputable dealer! :waytogo: It's awesome that they genuinely appear to be working on making everything as easy and as painless as possible for you.

Was contacted by Texas Direct Auto this morning, letting me know to take the BURB to a dealer, have the airbag issue diagnosed and send them an estimate for the repair and they will cover it.

So far so good. :)

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear.......now you will be the new expert on all things GM since you have a NBS and NNBS :D

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Jochen the bottom screw on the headlight is totally unnecessary but it is definitely there. It definitely was broken off if the headlight came loose with just the top two unbolted.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Jochen the bottom screw on the headlight is totally unnecessary but it is definitely there. It definitely was broken off if the headlight came loose with just the top two unbolted.

Thanks Felix. The headlight seems to be secured properly so I am not going to worry about it.

Took her to the local CHEVROLET Dealer this morning, after having the VIN # verified at the CA DMV.

- Getting an oil change and possible tranny fluid change (if needed) and I will also have her checked out in regards to the shocks as well as other issues.

When she comes back, she should be all good to go for the Mrs. to be happy.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was contacted by Texas Direct Auto this morning, letting me know to take the BURB to a dealer, have the airbag issue diagnosed and send them an estimate for the repair and they will cover it.

So far so good. :)

So, here is the latest update in regards to the BURB as well as Texas Direct Auto (TDA). NOT HAPPY WITH TDA ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned before, I had an Airbag Light come on as well as a Power Seat that does not go down all the way. TDA said they would cover that cost. Now they say they will only $65.00/hr. in labor and they would not pay any taxes. Now where in California they think I can find a GM Dealer with a labor rate of $65.00 is beyond me, but that is all they will pay. My dealer charges $113.00/hr.

As I had mentioned before, I had some issues with rattles and squeaks, also had to replace one of the Daylight Running Lamps as previously mentioned also replaced BOTH rear licesnse plate bulbs.

I wrote some of those, as well as new issues down for the local GM Dealer to troubleshoot:

- some loud rattle noise when hitting rough surfaces on the road or any bumps.
- a constant squeak in the wheel area, which I personally diagnosed as a possible wheel bearing or brake issue.
- Furthermore there has been a squeal/squeak in the engine bay as well.
- the check engine light came on in the meantime.
- Door cylinder lock not working.

Took the BURB to the local Chevrolet dealership in order to address these issues and here is the verdict:

- Rattle noise front end -- front sway bar links need to be replaced
- Squeal noise engine area -- needs Ac and serp belt
- Brake Squeal -- needs front brakes
- Check engine light -- needs evap purge solenoid
- Door Cylinder Lock broke -- needs replacement.

I am not very happy with TDA, as they did ship a vehicle that had issues and they did not advertise these issues at all. I specifically asked them on the phone if the vehicle needed any attention, they clearly stated NO!

Furthermore, I believe that the vehicle was NOT accurately described/advertised in their listing based on the above issues. ANYONE driving this vehicle should have noticed these issues and should have either corrected them or should have advised me accordingly. NEITHER TOOK PLACE!

The vehicle was also advertised with the Factory Entertainment System (DVD Player). Part of this system is the remote control as well as TWO (2) Headphones that come standard from the factory. These items were missing and they were NOT advertised as missing in the listing. This as well I purchased at my own cost.

The rear bumper cover supposedly was installed and verified to be on the truck, the vehicle shows up without it and no one knows what happened????

Issues that should have been addressed prior to shipping the vehicle, I now need to take care of my self and on top of it all, TDA will only cover $65.00 for the labor of something that will cost my $113.00 at the local dealership. Not only am I taking care of issues that should have been taken care of by TDA, they are also restricting my abilities to have it taken care of by them only covering half of the labor cost.

I will say that TDA was ON THE BALL trying to sell me the vehicle, ever since they got my down payment and have taken care of my financing and have gotten their moeny, progress is very slow at best.

My advise, if you by a vehicle from TDA, DO NOT DO IT SIGHT UNSEEN.

The above issues will cost me now $1,600.00 (including a tranny fluid flush, oil change and power steering fluid flush) which should have been taken care of OR AT LEAST MENTIONED by TDA.

Oh, and I have received FOUR (4) new Interior Chrome Door handles based on the extended GM Warranty on this rig.

Thanks.

However, the dealer states that once all this work is completed, THE VEHICLE WILL BE IN PRISTINE CONDITION.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076