Need some help with new LED Bar DRL headlight install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flingflanger

Reaction score
I bought some new headlights with the LED bar for the DRL's. I got a good deal due to having a coupon and buying on sale so i'm glad i got them. But, they didn't even come with instructions.

I can figure out the lower set of lights they make sense. There's a set of wires you need to patch into the drl for the led bar. Easy peasy, no problem makes perfect sense.

The headlights have 2 sets of wires though. One has to be for the led bar. The other though, i'm not sure what its for...maybe the turn signal or led bar part 2 or it goes to the fog lights?

I've tried looking for videos but in all the video i've seen only the wires that i would think go to the drl for the led bar are addressed. the other set of wires is never addressed. Or the creator glossses over the entire wiring bit.

Here's what i bought. https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-DRL-FO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks in advance.

20200913_171925.jpg

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
Reached out to the seller and go no help. I'll be returning these as defective out of the box. For $200 i expect either written instructions or the seller to provide guidance. I recommend that no one buy these especially from the seller Speed Daddy.

I'm not going to risk connecting something and having it blow out then be told it was my fault. Forget that!

Speedslow

Reaction score
One is for the bar and the other is for the leds in the corner of the top light. I wired them all together

Speedslow

Reaction score
I wouldn’t send them back. Just seal them before you install and they should be good.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
It just pisses me off. The seller couldn't be bothered to identify the part. You should know what you're selling imo. If you can't say," this headlight that i sell has two sets of wires you must wire. One is for the DRL the other is for the <insert what the intended use is>. Sorry we do not provide guidance on how to install.", then you shouldn't be selling that headlight. I don't think i have unrealistic expectations here. $200 is an excessive amount of money for this vehicles headlight options.

I mean do i have unrealistic expectations? My tail lights came with some documentation. Everything i've ever bought for the Tahoe has had some form of documentation actually now that i think about it. Even the LED light bulbs for the reverse lights.

Speedslow

Reaction score
So you just wired the corner led to the DRL circuit and called it a day?
Yes because I eliminated the actual drl lamp in the lower light and made them all led blinkers. I didn’t want the factory drl lamp on the with the led bars it didn’t look right to me.

and yes the lights come with absolutely no directions. And they have 0 support to help you out. I also believe the whites were grounds and the black wires were The powers. Seemed ass backwards but that’s China for you.

OP
OP
F

Flingflanger

Reaction score
I'll need to think on this. I was so pissed off i opened a return. How's the fitment on yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts