2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original mirrors are tiny. I hate them. Once you get used to the tow mirrors, you'll never go back. I put them on my Denali, too.

I know you have a different transmission, but mine generally runs about 90-100° over the outside temperature. I wouldn't worry about it until starts going/staying at 220°.

Goodyear Duratracs are an aggressive-looking tire. I bought them for the snow/rain performance, but they also happen to look good and do alright off road as well.

W2OwTKA.jpg

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original mirrors are tiny. I hate them. Once you get used to the tow mirrors, you'll never go back. I put them on my Denali, too.

I know you have a different transmission, but mine generally runs about 90-100° over the outside temperature. I wouldn't worry about it until starts going/staying at 220°.

Goodyear Duratracs are an aggressive-looking tire. I bought them for the snow/rain performance, but they also happen to look good and do alright off road as well.

W2OwTKA.jpg

Yea the tow mirrors are starting to grow on me. Will probably leave them

The GMC 2500 has a different trans than the Suburban 2500 ?

Your Truck looks great Man real nice. I’ve got general grabbers with plenty of tread. There are a few things I’d like to do before the tires ie CarPlay radio,backup camera,exhaust etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need exhaust ideas. I’ve got a magnaflow on My 04 but the drone is crazy

Also how much bigger of a tire could I fit with the 16” rim ?

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the 07 is a 4 spd. I don't mind it but it does hold back the towing capacity a bit. I thought the 07-08 had a max tow of ~6500#. And then in 09 with the 6 spd it went up.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need exhaust ideas. I’ve got a magnaflow on My 04 but the drone is crazy

Also how much bigger of a tire could I fit with the 16” rim ?

I would recommend a Flowmaster Big Block Muffler- they sound mellow. Magnaflow's do drone.

Stay away from oversize tires on the stock rims. They are narrow- 6.5"

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
I would recommend a Flowmaster Big Block Muffler- they sound mellow. Magnaflow's do drone.

Stay away from oversize tires on the stock rims. They are narrow- 6.5"

Flo-Pro Big Oval, Part#2505. The inlet of the muffler is offset from the factory. flo-Pro accommodates for this and is specifically built for our trucks. Also, I have a leveling kit and run 285/75/16's without an issue.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon XL 2500 runs 150-170 and has the 4L80E like you. 205 is a little warm, check for the possibility of a obstructed cooler line for the trans.

That's right. When GM Tech's use the TransFlo machine, there is a setting to test the flow rate of fluid through the lines to the transmission cooler. Apparently, they do indeed get clogged and need replacing after a time.

OP
OP
Nap73

Nap73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon XL 2500 runs 150-170 and has the 4L80E like you. 205 is a little warm, check for the possibility of a obstructed cooler line for the trans.

Appreciated I’ll have the mechanic check that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel