2007 GMC Yukon SLT re extended brake lines need for a 4 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NSMTim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m new to this! Anyhow just got a 4 inch lift kit for my 2007 GMC Yukon SLT and wanted to know if I would need to get extended brake lines? And if yes then what brand what you recommend? If you have a part number that would be great. Thanks.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. How are you doing the lift? Spindles and springs or ? I’m not much help on this but that’ll be the first question.

OP
OP
NSMTim

NSMTim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. How are you doing the lift? Spindles and springs or ? I’m not much help on this but that’ll be the first question.
Thank you for the welcome. I’m starting with the ReadyLift 4” lift kit. It incorporates the factory suspension by using spacers on the top and bottom of the shock and In The rear the spring gets spacers. What was important to me is the new extended and re-angled ball joint controls arm, extended sway bar links and front transmission spacers. Eventually I will replace the suspension and it’s spacers with a proper 4” suspension lift. The plan is to have in the rear shocks with reservoirs and adjustable dampeners so that I can stiffen the ride for when I’m towing our boat. But for the lift I’m worried about over extending the factory brake lines when I go off-roading and start flexing. So I’m reaching out to any and everyone for advice.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

My truck is stock height, so I cannot help you with your question.

Other folks will chime in.

OP
OP
NSMTim

NSMTim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

My truck is stock height, so I cannot help you with your question.

Other folks will chime in.
K I’ll post a before and after pictures. But I have the ReadyLift 2.25 leaving kit with 33” K02 tires. Plus a westin winch tray with a modded RoughCountry bull bar and a 10,000 lbs winch on the front!!! Lol lots of work done and even more to be done! Lol. Tomorrow I’ll post a pic. But to fallow the progress check out “416 Expedition”
PS I really like the dual exhaust on your Yukon. Looks really good.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
K I’ll post a before and after pictures. But I have the ReadyLift 2.25 leaving kit with 33” K02 tires. Plus a westin winch tray with a modded RoughCountry bull bar and a 10,000 lbs winch on the front!!! Lol lots of work done and even more to be done! Lol. Tomorrow I’ll post a pic. But to fallow the progress check out “416 Expedition”
PS I really like the dual exhaust on your Yukon. Looks really good.

The dual exhaust, one on each side, was the reason that I chose that specific exhaust system.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Well I have the answer for him a year later...

You will need longer rubber brake lines in the rear or the differential brake line bracket will break causing the steel lines to break too.
Then you will have no brakes...

I tried replacing my bracket with a heavy duty 1/4 inch bracket... It was taller but, it also broke and now I have broken my third and fourth brake lines.

I think the two rubber lines are stretching tight this causes the bracket to break from flexing and fatigue. Then steel lines start flexing and they will break too.

I think what it needs are two longer rubber lines.. Anyone have a source for those?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I have the answer for him a year later...

You will need longer rubber brake lines in the rear or the differential brake line bracket will break causing the steel lines to break too.
Then you will have no brakes...

I tried replacing my bracket with a heavy duty 1/4 inch bracket... It was taller but, it also broke and now I have broken my third and fourth brake lines.

I think the two rubber lines are stretching tight this causes the bracket to break from flexing and fatigue. Then steel lines start flexing and they will break too.

I think what it needs are two longer rubber lines.. Anyone have a source for those?
if you have any kind of hydraulic shop in town or a good hardware store or even a tractor/trailer supply they can make lines for you, crapp ton of farm land around me and fertilizer eats brake lines so there is several places here that can make them on the spot.
plenty of places online as well, oddly enough a google search finds them near me
https://www.trivalleyhose.com/home
https://galferusa.com/products/custom-line-builder -- there in carson city

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu