2007 at the dealership for climate control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, just wanted to get some thoughts. I read as many threads as I could on other problems with climate control and I wanted to see what people thought of the diagnosis on mine. Current issue is:

Need temperature setting to be on 90 degrees to see any heat. At 89 degrees it will blow cold. Also, 9 out of 10 times when it does blow hot, I get no air out of the left hand side defroster on the dash. Only the right side blows on the dash. This is also hit or miss with the heat as even when set to 90 sometimes it does not blow warm air.

Dealership diagnosis:

They found two sensors in the headliner, one above the drivers head and one in the back by the third row, to be cut. They literally pulled them out and the wires looked like they were cut. they told me they found them this way. i am told that until these climate sensors get replaced, they can't diagnose further because this could be corrupting the entire system. I personally find it odd that it would prevent heat from flowing on any setting but 90 degrees, but I digressed. Any opinions?

My thoughts are that the blend actuators(from what I have researched here) are responsible for the lack of heat coming out of the left hand defroster. Are these also responsible for the heat itself in regards to how much is coming out based on the climate readout?

Thanks all

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those sensors tell the blend doors which direction to go. It tells the system what temp they are reading and the system moves the blend doors wherever they need to be to get the temp to what you have it set at.

As far as replacing them or just reconnecting them, only the service man would know. If they somehow went bad and the previous owner just cut them, they might need replacing instead of just re-hooking up.

OP
OP
T

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess that's some good news Nathan. thanks for the reply. Here's to hoping that those sensors were the cause for the problems. If what you are saying is true, which I believe mind you, this should fix the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226

Latest posts