2007-14 HVAC and Headliners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
I know this might be an odd question but i do not have access to these vehicles anymore and need to ask these questions... I have a 2000 tahoe that the sunroof leaked and ruined most of the interior, the headliner, carpet, and seat belts are covered in black mold... soooo....

Do ALL 2007+ tahoe's have the automagic HVAC? or do some have the manual temp controls like in the 2000-2002 models?

IF there is a non-automagic HVAC option, can someone who actually owns one tell me if there are the little temp fan vents in the headliner? (some folk mistake the temp fan vents as 'tweeters' and call them speaker grilles).

I am looking to put a new(ish) headliner into my pre-automagic HVAC tahoe and would like to use one of the nnbs headliners as they are so much nicer looking and the material is a little more stain resistant than the 99-06 tahoes. and since the underlying cab/body is the same from 2000-06 as the 2007-14 i am 99.9% sure the nnbs headliners will fit the nbs tahoes.

anybody who has comments please help me out. thank you in advance.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all '07+ have auto climate control. The ones with the digital display and buttons for the temp controls are the auto systems, the "roller wheel" temperature control are the standard style. I'm not sure if the non-auto units have the aspirator (fans above driver and rearmost passenger heads) grilles or not. They shouldn't have the aspirator fans themselves, but the grilles may still be in the headliner.

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Do you happen to know the RPO code for the manual climate control?

I can have been looking at rpo codes are trying to figure out what years, but everything up to 09 that I find that says manual hvac also says Tahoe Classic. At 2010 I cannot locate any solid info for that particular RPO code.

With the rpo code I can run VINS and checks for that code to eliminate actually searching all the Tahoes in the wrecking yard... Know what I mean? Armchair parts puller kind of thing... Lol

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the RPO code for the manual climate control?

I can have been looking at rpo codes are trying to figure out what years, but everything up to 09 that I find that says manual hvac also says Tahoe Classic. At 2010 I cannot locate any solid info for that particular RPO code.

With the rpo code I can run VINS and checks for that code to eliminate actually searching all the Tahoes in the wrecking yard... Know what I mean? Armchair parts puller kind of thing... Lol

I believe it is CJ3 or CJ5 for Manual Climate Control
upload_2019-9-10_15-2-40.png

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Ok the cj3 and cj5 is not correct for 2010+ the others on that list you show pic of are the ones that show Tahoe classic as I mentioned. I am hoping that an owner of a manual hvac tahoe/yukon can chime in on this for verifiable rpo code.

And forgive my ignorance, but what is

PPV / SSV? Not familiar with those terms. Thank you again.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok the cj3 and cj5 is not correct for 2010+ the others on that list you show pic of are the ones that show Tahoe classic as I mentioned. I am hoping that an owner of a manual hvac tahoe/yukon can chime in on this for verifiable rpo code.

And forgive my ignorance, but what is

PPV / SSV? Not familiar with those terms. Thank you again.
SSV are the special service vehicles that are 4wd.
PPV are the police pursuit vehicles that are 2wd. Police Tahoes or Suburbans. There's a special ppv/ssv section.