2006 Yukon XL slt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grind

Reaction score
What the heck is a "manifold clamp" ?? ( That's a new one to me)
New fangled broken exhaust manifold bolt repair kit - it's a bracket that gets bolted to the head, and over the area of the broken bolt, providing a new spot to clamp the manifold to the head. Saves the hassle of having to drill out the broken stub of a bolt, while the head is still in the truck.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New fangled broken exhaust manifold bolt repair kit - it's a bracket that gets bolted to the head, and over the area of the broken bolt, providing a new spot to clamp the manifold to the head. Saves the hassle of having to drill out the broken stub of a bolt, while the head is still in the truck.

Wow.... like a big tie-wrap.... amazing !!

( I'll search for what it looks like. )

Grind

Reaction score
Had I known there might have been something like this for a Ford 5.4, I might have saved A LOT of time and money and headache, instead of getting cheap-ass shorty headers that didn't fit well, and also having to get a new EGR tube ($$) because the original was rusted to the old manifold.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm learning about Yukon XL it's a SLT plus . It needs rear rust out panels and rockers need attention. Questions comes in to where is the heavy duty tranny cooler is.. it says it's supposed to have a external transmission cooler. It has the hydro boost and power steering fluid cooler . And where is the engine oil cooler . I found this Yukon XL and I figured it be good towing and project Yukon XL. I was doing some mud slinging 4:10 rearend for sure has locking rearend . I can put check in that box lol [emoji106]

The mystery I'm working on is where does power steering hydraulic vent ..where is it at ...because I take cover on power steering pump off and it pops . Like it's building up pressure in fill tank. Any pointers be great.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found tranny cooler it's right in center in front [emoji15]
Does engine oil cooler hook to the radiator on the passenger side. I seen the power steering oil cooler in front external one on driver side in front of Radiator.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Found tranny cooler it's right in center in front [emoji15]
Does engine oil cooler hook to the radiator on the passenger side. I seen the power steering oil cooler in front external one on driver side in front of Radiator.

The tranny cooler is on the passenger side of the radiator. The auxiliary one is in front of you have it (sounds like you do). The oil cooler would be in the driver side of the radiator.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tranny cooler is on the passenger side of the radiator. The auxiliary one is in front of you have it (sounds like you do). The oil cooler would be in the driver side of the radiator.
Ok so tranny fluid must go in to Radiator then to external cooler in front center . But I must not have the engine oil cooler . There's no fittings on driver side Radiator. But it does have the 2 big electric 2 speed fans and no fan on motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon