2005 Yukon SLT / blower speed inconsistant , etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, well..... I replaced the actuator for the driver's side vents a few weeks back & it works good. The other ODD SOUND coming from about the center dash area sounds like a CD changer.......Hmmm....

I am now, having my blower speed going 'fast/slow' for a while, then eventually runs steady.
ALSO....when I turn off the ignition key, the blower takes about 30 seconds to stop after everything is off....

( Crap...what the heck is that problem?)
Uh, what am I looking at to solve this??

>>> I just moved a couple hours south to Palm Beach, Fl., and it is quite hotter here.

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check blower motor resistor, it could be failing. Look for melted areas, etc. I think there is another actuator or blend motor where you are hearing the noise.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check blower motor resistor, it could be failing. Look for melted areas, etc. I think there is another actuator or blend motor where you are hearing the noise.

Thanks.... I'll research the blower motor resistor,.... I hope it isn't buried in there.
Starting up, headed to home, the blower wouldn't run, until about a mile later. ( thank gosh for the rear A/C)

I then shut off the truck in the driveway and it took about 3 minutes for the front blower to shut off!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.... I'll research the blower motor resistor,.... I hope it isn't buried in there.
Starting up, headed to home, the blower wouldn't run, until about a mile later. ( thank gosh for the rear A/C)

I then shut off the truck in the driveway and it took about 3 minutes for the front blower to shut off!
It’s easy to find, YouTube it. Right next to the blower motor.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up date.....
For fun, I contacted the local Palm Beach GMC dealer. Asked for a repair quote replacing the blower regulator/module.
About $130.00 for the part with a total of $500.00 to replace. I said to them: " Are you out of your *****'n mind????"

I was lucky to find a referred local shop. I bought the module for $79.00 at AutoZone. He replaced it for $50 bucks. While I waited. 45 minutes. Works perfect.

( I am glad I found the shop for future work..... I currently have no garage to pull into when it is raining.)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up date.....
For fun, I contacted the local Palm Beach GMC dealer. Asked for a repair quote replacing the blower regulator/module.
About $130.00 for the part with a total of $500.00 to replace. I said to them: " Are you out of your *****'n mind????"

I was lucky to find a referred local shop. I bought the module for $79.00 at AutoZone. He replaced it for $50 bucks. While I waited. 45 minutes. Works perfect.

( I am glad I found the shop for future work..... I currently have no garage to pull into when it is raining.)
Wow. Now you see why people shouldn’t go to the dealer for repairs.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers only want warranty work so they charge the factory the inflated prices......
Or work on customers older vehicles, when the customer has no clue!!
Their service departments are where they make most of their money. The sale of the vehicle is low margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645