2005 Yukon Denali OnStar Rear View Mirror Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The OnStar rear view mirror in my 2005 Yukon Denali has an issue. If I depress the brake pedal the passenger air bag display, both green lights, temp and direction, and the OnStar work. I can push the left hand button and turn the temp and direction display on and off. When I release the brake pedal the mirror stops working. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Otter

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OnStar rear view mirror in my 2005 Yukon Denali has an issue. If I depress the brake pedal the passenger air bag display, both green lights, temp and direction, and the OnStar work. I can push the left hand button and turn the temp and direction display on and off. When I release the brake pedal the mirror stops working. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Otter
There are several problems it could be. There could be a loose board/connection actually inside the mirror; the connection to the mirror at the back could be bad; wiring in the dash could be bad; etc. Your best bet is to either meter the connections going up to the mirror, or pay someone to do so. If it's the mirror, las I saw it was about $50 to get it rebuilt (plus shipping).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2