Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my most recent videos does it seem like it is misfiring still? I'm having a hard time telling if it is to be honest. Its idling how it always has but I'm wondering if its always been a rough idle and I just never paid attention to it.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with the suggestion of the Brake Clean/Carb Cleaner, and see if you can find the source of the hiss. I can hear it, but no idea where its coming from.

Dont only spray around the vacuum lines. Also spray around the intake ports, the intake snout, the throttle body.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, even the cheap Elm based OBD adapters with Torque Pro app will show individual cylinder misfire counts. I don’t recall what the parameters for setting a code are though.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TollKeeper
Sprayed around intake ports and vacuum lines that I could see(could only see a couple) nothing happened to the idle. I forgot to do the throttle body gasket but Im going to replace while the body is off anyways. The hiss is definitely coming from the drivers side.

@mattbta Will def look into that, thanks!

@Fless Def a really good idea lol.

Here is a video of the idle without belt on
Some of the noise is also the muffler delete, which I'm going to be putting a muffler on soon.

Here is a picture of the throttle body. Will definitely be cleaning this very well, its nasty.

If none of this stuff helps I'm going to try regapping the plugs.
20230107_161316.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does anyone have a vacuum line diagram? How many vacuum lines are there?
I swear to GOD, that if a site did nothing but supply vacuum and electrical diagrams, they could make bucks. I know a site or two has general info for vehicles but JUST the schematics I talk about would be great.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear to GOD, that if a site did nothing but supply vacuum and electrical diagrams, they could make bucks. I know a site or two has general info for vehicles but JUST the schematics I talk about would be great.
That would be amazing! And they'd be rich haha, may consider investing the money into a smoke machine, can't go wrong with one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts