Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem found lol! One of the new spark plug wires I installed came loose all the way in the back on the drivers side, which was causing a blatant misfire and the ticking sound was the spark from the wire jumping to the manifold

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres another little update. Its idling better than before but I still feel like theres a miss in there. It's hard to tell honestly with the pulley sounds, as that's what I might be picking up on. It is not throwing a code anymore.

I'm hearing what almost sounds like a slight air hiss from that bank near the intake. Are my intake gaskets possibly going bad maybe?

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can spray brake cleaner around the vac lines and manifold gasket area. if the idle changes you found a leak area. flammable brake cleaner will make the idle jump up. non flammable will make it bog.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May have a fouled plug from when the wire was off. Depends on how long off.
Ive been hearing the spark sound since yesterday so 24hours probably, i'll take the plug out in the morning and check it out. I think that pulley noise may be some of the noise too.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine does totally fine under load, it just seems to have a slight stumble at idle here and there, and to be honest I feel it may have been doing this for a while, so I may not worry too much about it, I'll look into my vacuum lines, I may clean the MAF and TB and check that plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar