2005 Tahoe Sway Bar Bushing Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going through and doing suspension on our stock height 2005 Tahoe. Was going to do front/rear sway bar bushiungs and end links, but when I'm looking at parts, I keep finding different size sway bar bushings and I have no clue what mine are. Its just a 2wd LS. Any ideas?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wrap a strip of paper around the sway bar in a clean spot and mark where the end overlaps. Straighten it out and measure it with a tape measure.

OP
OP
B

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to get the VIN, but I do have question why the hell are there multipe sizes? You would think it would be easy like most vehicles...2005 Tahoe LS 2 WD front sway bar bushings = this size and this size only. Why are there different size options?

Petersnow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same situation for my 2005 Denali, give the VIN to the GM auto part and there a 3 different sizes for the sway bar bushings, also in Rock Auto, different sizes and brands to choose. VIN is 5J199475
Regards from Puerto Rico.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same situation for my 2005 Denali, give the VIN to the GM auto part and there a 3 different sizes for the sway bar bushings, also in Rock Auto, different sizes and brands to choose. VIN is 5J199475
Regards from Puerto Rico.
Welcome to the forum.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@Fless has the right answer for you. Get a measurement and get the right ones. If you do get the poly ones, be prepared for some squeaks from time to time. You should put some lube in there where the poly/rubber rides on the metal bar when you install anyway.

Petersnow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Fless has the right answer for you. Get a measurement and get the right ones. If you do get the poly ones, be prepared for some squeaks from time to time. You should put some lube in there where the poly/rubber rides on the metal bar when you install anyway.
Thanks for the quick reply and answer.
Will do it, buy it and let you know. I have in the shopping cart the upper control arms, the sway bar links and the lower control arms. Then will work on the rear.
Thanks again!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts