2005 Suburban Brakes Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Puncake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I recently got my Suburban and have been having an issue where when I come to a full stop and then go, the front brakes stick and TCS activates to get going again after I go, but it doesn't do it until I'm stopped again, and when it's parked for a few minutes, it goes back to normal. Yesterday I also took the front left wheel off, took the brakes off, and stuff. It helped, but I went back to the same as before after a while. Just wondering if anyone has a possible solution.

It has brand new brake pads on it as well

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How full is the master cylinder? Is it possibly causing pressure as it heats up due to being overfilled?

When you did brakes, how were the slides, hardware, etc for cleanliness and free movement? Did you Crack the bleeder to release the caliper piston, or just pushnit back upstream? It used to be a big NO-NO to do the latter on earlier ABS systems. Newer seem more forgiving, but still not the preferred method.

Just trying to get an idea of the condition and procedure. Sometimes the ABS modules get dirty check valves and they can either hang up or bypass.

OP
OP
Puncake

Puncake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The master cylinder is filled a little under the max, but everything looked almost new except for some of the lines, which were rusty, which is typical for where I live. I could possibly go later today and try to release some pressure in it, but I haven't tried that yet.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What lights are on at the dash? First thoughts are a wheel speed sensor is acting up. Check all wiring to those sensors. Is the vehicle in a salt on roads/rusty area? Brand new pads where? Front and rear? Problem since the new pads?

OP
OP
Puncake

Puncake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What lights are on at the dash? First thoughts are a wheel speed sensor is acting up. Check all wiring to those sensors. Is the vehicle in a salt on roads/rusty area? Brand new pads where? Front and rear? Problem since the new pads?
There is no light except the check engine light for an evap issue, and over the winter it was on fairly salty roads the whole time, and it has new front pads, and I haven't noticed the issue this bad until now.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing I thought of as well. Those speed sensors cause interesting problems, when they aren’t able to fully detect the reluctor ring. I’m actually kinda glad I don’t have stabilitrak. Lol.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no light except the check engine light for an evap issue, and over the winter it was on fairly salty roads the whole time, and it has new front pads, and I haven't noticed the issue this bad until now.
Since the CEL has been lit previously, have you verified today / yesterday, etc.. that there are no additional codes? When this occurs, do you get any indication on the cluster? (Service stability, for example)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get any other codes or popups; it's just the light for the evap system.
What about the brake bleeding process when you did your pads? Hope there’s no air in the lines, or especially the ABS module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons