2004 Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Fye456 - Let me put it like this, this one is newer, similar miles, and a LOT cheaper..

Not bad, and probably not very rusty if it's been around here any length of time. Low miles and 3rd row seats, too.

My neighbor has a 2004 that she wants to sell as soon as she can pay it off and get the title cleared of the lien, within the next month or two. It has the 4.8l, I think, which runs good, 140-some K on the clock, needs a transmission, has good tires, etc. Probably go for $1K or 2K, if she's lucky.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@Fye456 - Let me put it like this, this one is newer, similar miles, and a LOT cheaper..
Surprised that the seller does not mention the right rear wheel and tire when they are listing what the rig needs. Approximately $7k+ difference can fix brakes and wheel/tire and a trip to buy and have money left over. Good find.

I see how great the schools are when I see all over the place: Breaks instead of Brakes.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised that the seller does not mention the right rear wheel and tire when they are listing what the rig needs. Approximately $7k+ difference can fix brakes and wheel/tire and a trip to buy and have money left over. Good find.

I see how great the schools are when I see all over the place: Breaks instead of Brakes.
Was gonna say something about the Vocabulary.. But it would be political, so I will refrain..

7k price difference buys 4 new tires, new BRAKES :), and a shipping company to ship it to you, with 5000-5500 left.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know another thing that I don't like buying rigs from dealers for. They detail the engine compartment. I want to see the leaks, if any. I hope the tech you have check out the rig looks real close for all those signs.

By the way, you said earlier you will negotiate. How much are you willing to pay after you get the inspection results? They want $12,995 and you are willing to pay? None of my business if you don't want to say. All good.

OP
OP
F

Fye456

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd pay 9 for it. If everything checks out. I already drove it and looked at it. Just want a better mechanic than myself to look at it haha.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I wish you luck but that dealer will likely not go anywhere below $10k. They know if you pass, someone else may buy it. That one in Colorado could be your backup plan. Whatever you do, don't be afraid to walk away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98