2004 Tahoe Z71 Roof Rack Paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas/opinions on the best way to repaint the roof rack on a 2004 Tahoe Z71? I'm talking about the metal(?) bars that run parallel to the body - not the crossbars or the plastic end pieces. The metal pieces on my rig are pretty badly faded and in need of some freshening up. I've thought about Line-X, but given all the moving parts on the cross bars attached to them, that might not be feasible.

Any ideas? Looking for a professional, durable effect (i.e., not going to use a rattle can).

Thanks!

Scotty54

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had very good results with rattle cans, particularly on small parts. Krylon, Duplicolor, and Rustoleum 2X or Rustoleum Hard Hat brands. I avoid regular Rustoleum because it's too heavy. I have a small spray booth which keeps the item clean while painting and drying.

Otherwise, check with your local body shop or consider powder coating. I have also had excellent results with powder coating, and no doubt it's more durable and professional looking.

OP
OP
Z71Tahoe2004

Z71Tahoe2004

Reaction score
I have had very good results with rattle cans, particularly on small parts. Krylon, Duplicolor, and Rustoleum 2X or Rustoleum Hard Hat brands. I avoid regular Rustoleum because it's too heavy. I have a small spray booth which keeps the item clean while painting and drying.

Otherwise, check with your local body shop or consider powder coating. I have also had excellent results with powder coating, and no doubt it's more durable and professional looking.

Thanks Clifton. It's in the body shop this week to fix a broadside dent left by a deer, and I'm gonna have them take a look and let me know what it'll be to have them do it. Will look into the brands you listed. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89