2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look like it spun ALOT.
Spinnin ain't winnin bubba, but it was still fun!
Lol was sposed to be racetruck.
Oh thought you were gonna tell me some secret about the prep surface and the cheesy tires. Yeah I really wish I had brought the nittos but now I have a half a dozen people scheduled to come buy them so I don
t think I'll have them after this weekend. I have another set of 17" steelies I could get a sticky tire for but what tire is the question.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back and looked at a few things from each log (I wish I could post them on this forum) and for some reason during my idling before my second run #6 had 1906 misfires! they seemed to pile on while I shuffled forward in the staging lane but once I did the burnout they stopped. Either way, it's concerning so plugs and wires are ordered as well as intake gaskets because I didn't do them when I had the intake on and off 15 times a few months ago and I wanted to. I still have that weird first start funkiness that I've had for years at this point and maybe the intake gaskets are causing a vacuum leak.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    110.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 3

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think dropping tire pressure below 20 is worth a shot? Any other tips?
I don't think that would benefit you a whole lot, May even slow you down since more contact area is touching the prepped surface.

Shit, when I went from a 275 to 315, it hurt me around a tenth through the 1/8th (IIRC), just for reference.

Get the plugs and wares swapped, and new intake gaskets. See if that helps any. Also, when I used to have a straight shift car, on street tires I never turned it up and dumped it. Id roll in the throttle as I was rolling off the clutch pedal. Hard to explain but hopefully it makes since. I also never let off the throttle when shifting either. I think the old guys call it "power shifting" lol. I just call it bangin gears:driver:

I do miss that mustang sometimes. Fun car to beat on and didn't have enough ass to break much lol

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't more contact area on a prepped surface help?

I typically roll into it from a light on the street, basically, let the slack out on the clutch and let the drivetrain get some load on it sometimes from a 1 or 2 mph roll then nail the throttle. Just didn't want to roll and trip the beams early, I figured if I set the shocks upright it would take a decent hit. I think leaving in second with enough rpm to not bog is going to be key but I could be wrong.

I sorta no lift shift on the 1-2 but third likes to grind so I fully lift on the 2-3. I think my buddy no lift shifted on one of his run and when he banged third it let out a nice puff of clutch smoke. let me upload that vid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts