2003 Yukon issues - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ic455

ic455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Y'all are awesome, I will get the exact readings shortly, seems like everything hits the fan at once. The brands on parts I've replaced are mostly chinese‍♂️ but swapping things with my 04 yields the same results(on the stuff I've swapped, which hasn't been everything...yet)

OP
OP
ic455

ic455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have some videos of my scanner but I can't upload mp4 I guess. Suffice to say I've discovered that the trims go positive LT and ST on bank one only. So positive that the graph line nearly disappears at the top. If I unplug any one injector on bank 1 it smooths out. So it appears I'm over fueling bank 1 after warm up. It appears to be random the amount of time it takes, this time was engine running about 26 minutes.
See vids below

Last edited:
OP
OP
ic455

ic455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's the O2 data that goes with the fuel trim data.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks to me like your upstream O2 sensor on Bank 1 (driver's side, closest to engine) isn't switching, it's sticking around the lowest part of (what should be) its range of 100-900 mV. As a test you could swap the two front sensors to see if the issue follows to the other side, otherwise you may want to replace them; best to do them in pairs if possible. Recommend OE sensors.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks to me like your upstream O2 sensor on Bank 1 (driver's side, closest to engine) isn't switching, it's sticking around the lowest part of (what should be) its range of 100-900 mV. As a test you could swap the two front sensors to see if the issue follows to the other side, otherwise you may want to replace them; best to do them in pairs if possible. Recommend OE sensors.

This is based on no engine codes that relate to the fuel system, like an O2 heater code.

OP
OP
ic455

ic455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man, that's what I was thinking, too! I'm going to try replacing the B1 upstream and see where that gets me first, and go from there.