2003 Vs 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zmann96

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon SLT 4wd 5.3l that I can't inspected, it won't get ready for ecu inspection even though dash light isn't on. I've given up trying to put miles on it for the ecu to be ready. I was thinking of getting a salvage Yukon at auction and switch bodies since my body is in good shape. My question is will my nose clip fit a 2007 Yukon same engine. I thought they didn't change the platform until 2009???

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever consider getting a replacement ecu? Have you made note of the diagnostic codes that are preventing you from passing inspection? Performing a change like you describe is going to add WAY more failure opportunities than it will resolve over the current situation.

Good luck, in any case.

P.S. I am sorry I'm unable to answer your main question.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon SLT 4wd 5.3l that I can't inspected, it won't get ready for ecu inspection even though dash light isn't on. I've given up trying to put miles on it for the ecu to be ready. I was thinking of getting a salvage Yukon at auction and switch bodies since my body is in good shape. My question is will my nose clip fit a 2007 Yukon same engine. I thought they didn't change the platform until 2009???

Your GMT800 wagon was made until 2006. GMT900 wagons began in model year 2007.

What exactly is not passing? Who do you know with a Tech-2 or equivalent for proper diagnostics?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As @swathdiver said, '03 and '07 are totally different body, frame and electronics styles.

It'd be easier and cheaper to fix your '03. I think you just need the proper diagnostics. On that note, I think I recall reading and/or hearing a few times recently that there is an odd issue with some of the GMT800 PCMs that cause just what you're describing.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that issue a while back. Took it to three different places, they all did the drive cycle but could not get it ready for smog (Cali thing). Kept getting Secondary Air not ready. The pump worked though as well as all other emissions doohickeys. Finally gave up and took it to the stealership. They said they flashed or updated ecu or whatever and that fixed it.

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
Ever consider getting a replacement ecu? Have you made note of the diagnostic codes that are preventing you from passing inspection? Performing a change like you describe is going to add WAY more failure opportunities than it will resolve over the current situation.

Good luck, in any case.

P.S. I am sorry I'm unable to answer your main question.
I did replace the ecu and it didn't help . I just tried looking up the data but it didn't save. I believe one was the Cats , I had replaced them. Thanks for responding

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
I had that issue a while back. Took it to three different places, they all did the drive cycle but could not get it ready for smog (Cali thing). Kept getting Secondary Air not ready. The pump worked though as well as all other emissions doohickeys. Finally gave up and took it to the stealership. They said they flashed or updated ecu or whatever and that fixed it.
Thanks for the info, I haven't done that.

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score
As @swathdiver said, '03 and '07 are totally different body, frame and electronics styles.

It'd be easier and cheaper to fix your '03. I think you just need the proper diagnostics. On that note, I think I recall reading and/or hearing a few times recently that there is an odd issue with some of the GMT800 PCMs that cause just what you're describing.
I guess it won't work anyways from what a few are saying about compatibility. Thanks for your input

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score

What exactly is not passing? Who do you know with a Tech-2 or equivalent for proper diagnostics?
I had made an appointment with a service diagnostics garage and he couldn't find a thing, felt bad and didn't charge me. He was equipped to dyno test and all the other diagnostics

OP
OP
Z

zmann96

Reaction score

I guess it's not worth spending the money to just move up to a 16 year old truck, Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie