2003 Tahoe - Rear doors and rear hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grs1956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe and cannot get my rear doors and rear hatch and window to unlock. I have had them worked on three times now and they will work for a while and then stop. Every once in a while they will start working again and then stop again. I thought it was temperature related, but ruled that out after they worked in the warm and cold. I believe they replaced the actuator twice now, but I continue to have the problem. Does anyone have the same problem or know of a solution? Most of what I have found through research indicates problems with only the rear hatch and window. Mine is the rear doors as well. What kind of brilliant engineer decided not to put a release button for the hatch inside the vehicle?

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same issue.. I have to lock / unlock them a few times and then the rear doors and back hatch will unlock as well. Also an intermentiant issue.. NO ides.

indian mark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, Same on my 2000 Yukon doors. I pop off the top door panel so I can get to the release thingie. Mines worse in the winter.

TALL00TAHOE

Reaction score
On my 2000 with rear "barn doors" there are spring loaded electrical pins that make contact with striker plates on the doors. I had a similar problem and I was able to fix it by taking some fine grit sandpaper to either ends of the contact. I belive that corrosion forms on either side and disrupts the current. Mine would do it intermediatly as well I think because those pins are not very stable and they tend to strike a diffrent spot on the striker plates every time. Not sure if your style doors have a similar set-up or not but figured it may help.

Reaction score
i have the same issue on my 2003 Denali... any body know whats going on? ive checked fuses and nothing they are all fine.... what sucks was at i loaded my groceries in the rear and now cant open the back.. had kids crawl back there to pulll them out ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts