2003 Tahoe Rear Blend Door snapped off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gprivat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My rear ac was only blowing hot so I pulled the back panel off. The actuator seammed to have jammed and some how broke the door off at the arm. How do I go about getting it out & replacing it. Do I have to disassemble the entire rear ac unit?

Last edited:

nicegy31

Reaction score
Hi Gp that seems to be common I had to buy the whole unit they do not have the part to change. I would do a g..... search and see what prices you come up with.

Gold3nMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine is broken too, did anyone find just the flap or is changing out the while unit the only choice;

Also are you guys going to replace the acutator as well?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is broken too, did anyone find just the flap or is changing out the while unit the only choice;

Also are you guys going to replace the acutator as well?

Same problem here. I purchased the complete unit from the dealer and will attempt to swap out soon. Dealer advised that this should fix it without swaping the actuator.

Seems like it will be a royal pain in the you know what.

I purchased: REAR AUX TEMP DOOR, GM Part Number 88891577. This is the complete unit/black plastic box/housing.

nicegy31

Reaction score
Hi I see your having a problem with the rear unit i had the same problem as well. I am ust having one issue maybe you can help with. The connector the plugs in to the control module are not making up all the time. Do you know where I can purchase the part the plugs in to the control module. I am looking for the connector part that goes in to the headliner. I was thinking of soldering them but what suggestions do you have?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I see your having a problem with the rear unit i had the same problem as well. I am ust having one issue maybe you can help with. The connector the plugs in to the control module are not making up all the time. Do you know where I can purchase the part the plugs in to the control module. I am looking for the connector part that goes in to the headliner. I was thinking of soldering them but what suggestions do you have?

I never had any issues with the connectors or the plugs, so all I can suggest is obtaining the part number from the dealer. Then shop around to see if you can get the part any cheaper elsewhere, or purchase from the dealer directly.

BEAT OF LUCK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts