2002 Tahoe a/c blowing only heat! Help me out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevytahoefools

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02’ Chevy Tahoe 272,000 miles. One day my ac stopped blowing cold air. The fan works. It blows hot air like a champ. And the heater works fine.
ive checked the relay switches in the fuse box to see if anything is blown(we’re all good there)
next I checked to see the air compresso. all good there.
what next step should I take? And I have heard of checking pressure.. how do I do that? can I use the same gauge to check the pressure and do I need to have the ac blowing during all this?
if you all have any pointers would be awesome to have ac back! point me to some YouTube videos if you think it might help me. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5136.jpeg
    IMG_5136.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 1

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from NYC!

Moved you here from Site News and General section.

I have an 02’ Chevy Tahoe 272,000 miles. One day my ac stopped blowing cold air. The fan works. It blows hot air like a champ. And the heater works fine.
ive checked the relay switches in the fuse box to see if anything is blown(we’re all good there)
what next step should I take? And I have heard of checking pressure.. how do I do that? can I use the same gauge to check the pressure and do I need to have the ac blowing during all this?
if you all have any pointers would be awesome to have ac back! point me to some YouTube videos if you think it might help me. Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

How do the AC lines in the engine compartment feel when you have the AC on? Is one of them cold? If yes, you may have a blend door malfunction, not allowing the flow of cold air to pass through.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, define "checked compressor" does the clutch engage like it should and are the metal lines going in the firewall cool or warm (after it has been running a bit)