2001 yukon xl Ignition Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kracker714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the ignition in my 2001 yukon xl, and also the computer, and it still wont start. The ignition and computer I replaced came from a 2002 suburban. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Brad!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the ignition in my 2001 yukon xl, and also the computer, and it still wont start. The ignition and computer I replaced came from a 2002 suburban. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
did you do a relearn of the key & passlock system?, since you replaced the computer not sure if you can do the 10 minute relearn, you may have to call a locksmith, or have it reprogrammed by the dealer.

OP
OP
Kracker714

Kracker714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did you do a relearn of the key & passlock system?, since you replaced the computer not sure if you can do the 10 minute relearn, you may have to call a locksmith, or have it reprogrammed by the dealer.

Yeah i tried the 10min thing before i replaced the computer and it didnt work. Do you know how many times you have to do the 10 min thing? I've heard once and ive heard 3

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can't use that used computer. It's not vin'd to your Yukon. You probably will need to get the computer flashed for YOUR vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan