2001 Suburban 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheStir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got this at the end of last year, nothing fancy. The kids name all our cars and came up with the Polar Bear, so I made a SS 496 badge for it, then ended up not liking the stock badging so did my own in vinyl, if I end up liking it enough to keep may try and 3D print some.

It's an 8.1 with 185,000 miles zero rust except for the hitch that I replaced. It now has a BB tune, modded stock air box, Magnaflow muffler (well there was some rust, a rusted out Flowmaster 50 series) and 180 thermostat. It replaces a 2002 Escalade that had similar mods as I needed a heavier duty platform for my trailers. It sure does tow well. Everything worked except the AC and will start looking into that as the weather starts warming up.

Polar Badge Stock and Bear.jpg

The stock hub cap plastic nuts were kinda stripped and one was cracked. I also hate the idea of 64 nuts to rotate tires so I rednecked it and just painted the hubs and used standard lugs. Put 1.5" hub and wheel centric spacers on the rear to try and get the track close to the front, it looks close to these old eyes now! It was missing one fender flare and I didn't really like them white anyway so I removed the other three, there is still some tape in the pic, but I have removed it all and buffed out the paint.

20200226_172202.jpg

So far really loving the rig.

Polar Badge Stock and Bear.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Scott!

Nice it has the 8.1! Looks very well maintained. Nice find. Polar Bear sounds like a good name to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep