2000 Yukon XL - Non Bose, no bass from factory radio or aftermarket radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pops946

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2000 Yukon xl, non Bose system. The original radio has been replaced because something was wrong with it causing it to flicker on and off, I replaced it with a pioneer single DIN unit.

The subwoofer out back has been unplugged because it's blown. However, all of the other speakers in the truck still work including the tweeters out back, but no speaker has any bass at all. The sound out of every single speaker is 100% completely flat, but clear. No matter how much I turn the bass up or change any other settings, the sound is just flat. The bass is the only issue I have with the sound system at this point. Is there something I'm missing? Even without a subwoofer, I should still have some bass, correct? Where should I look first for a problem?
Here’s the article I used to bypass the factory amp in my 2002 Tahoe LT. as others have noted, the stock system filters all the bass from everything but the sub. I did this and put in 4 new door speakers. Sounds fune to me now. Whether you want to do more depends on your hearing and how demanding you are of your sound system. But unless you bypass the factory amp, you’re not gonna get any bass from the doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew