2000 Tahoe stereo not working/cuts out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My LT stock stereo/amp is not working. It powers on, and works intermittently. It's been going on for months and I'd like to get to the bottom of the issue. I feel there is a bad connection somewhere but looking to see if others have seen this. I've owned this for a long time and again, it's all stock.

OP
OP
atobin

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The amp is separate, mounted behind the glove box and I believe it's a Bose setup. I know there is a sub woofer in the back.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The amp is separate, mounted behind the glove box and I believe it's a Bose setup. I know there is a sub woofer in the back.
What do your rpos say? Do your speaker grills or radio say Bose on them? If your not sure, take a pic and post it up.

OP
OP
atobin

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The speaker grills don't have Bose labels on them.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The speaker grills don't have Bose labels on them.
Ok, so you don't have the Bose setup then. I never had your issue in my 03. I replaced all of it with a dd. Have you thought about just replacing your factory radio with an aftermarket HU?

OP
OP
atobin

atobin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd prefer to keep it all stock, just functional.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'd prefer to keep it all stock, just functional.
I hear ya. Have you tried the junkyards for a used factory amp? I can't see them being very expensive. Have you tried pulling it out and getting it bench tested? Does your radio have an internal amp also? Could be the HU itself. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it the head unit that doesn’t work or the amp since you said stereo/amp it’s not clear. More info would be helpful, like does the power on the HU go off or do all the speakers quit working or exactly what do you mean by “ it powers on and works intermittently “?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094