2000 Tahoe parking brake sticks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dman76

Reaction score
I had the rear brakes, calipers and parking brake shoes replaced a year ago. What will happen sometimes is I release the parking brake and I can feel it still holding. All I have to do is put it in reverse and roll back an inch or less and I can hear it release (I can actually hear the click from it releasing down by the release lever). I brought this back and had them readjust it a few months later and it worked fine for several months and now it is doing it again. I have only driven about 4,000 miles since the brake job but it has been a year so I know they aren't going to fix it for nothing. The parking brake has always had some weird issues even before they replaced it anyways (it would not hold when I applied it but then when I came back out to the truck after all was cooled down it was holding). Anyways, any ideas on this releasing issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160