2000 tahoe Dead On Arrival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDTECH

Reaction score
Hey all,
What does everyone else make of this before i tear into it. i was driving down the road the other day when all of a sudden my fuel light came on and the gauge went from 1/4 tank to empty. At the same time the truck started running like shit and i could barely limp it a quarter mile. It ended up dying right in front of a gas station and i pushed it in thinking it might be out of gas. when i turned the key off and back on the gauge went back to where it was before it died. Put gas in it, no change. it will start after cranking a ton and barely idle, and wont take any throttle, if it does it backfires like a mofo then dies. Any ideas? i have a fuel pressure tester i am going to throw on it tonight, i am thinking i have a power interruption to the fuel pump via the harness under the frame rail, i say this because the fuelk gauge dropped at the same time.
thanks for looking.

xwt572

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Either that what you already mentioned, or a fuel pump on it´s way out?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try smacking the bottom of the fuel tank with your fist a few times and see if that does anything different!