200 amps at idle alt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the amps at 4 ohms to where you want have to keep up with the current that a 1 ohm will need.

OP
OP
felskee

felskee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why pay 600 for an amp and run it at 900 watts. when at 1 ohm its around 3900.

cody08

Reaction score
why pay 600 for an amp and run it at 900 watts. when at 1 ohm its around 3900.

Why pay 600 for an amp you can't use to its full potential because you don't have the electrical system to back it up?

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

I am in no way trying to be a dick, I just think your missing the point everyone is trying to get across.

whitehoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
find a iraggi 300amp, georgia power or Ea alt and xs batteries.
i prefer them anyday over stinker.. same with kinetik. strongly prefer them over stinker. i've had to many weak stinger batteries to ever buy one again.
same battery as kinetiks at a slightly lower price, find a SHURiKEN batt.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

btw i doubt you'll see 200amps at idle if you arent running a custom 350 amp alt. ive seen plenty that will do 250+amp at 1800-2000rpm's
ima do duals 2 300's or a 240 and a 300 as i heard it yields a better idle vs 2 300amps

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want high end output but you don't want to kill your wallet? It takes money to play in the deep end.

You want some crazy 3900 rms 1 ohm amp and have no clue what size alternator you need ? You want to know what you can "get by" with?

Sounds like champagne taste and skunk beer budget. The two don't mix, unless you want to rig it like some wannabe flea market audio thug.

OP
OP
felskee

felskee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no no no im not trying to just to ''get by'' i was reeallly meaning to say like whats the least amount of amps i would need to run my system. so i could find the right alternator.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
"Just getting by" is exactly what TahoeJim and the others are talking about... you don't want to "plan" to "just get by"... To do it right (reliably), you want to match your components (from power supply to amp to speakers, including wiring) and "plan" to have more clean power available than you'll actually need. You'll be happier in the long run and will actually spend less than if you just plan to get by and then have to repair and/or repurchase your gear due to bad pairing.

Audio is no different than mechanical when it comes to quality - you want to go with the best so you spend less. We're not trying to be ******* you "just because". We're trying to help you avoid some of the mistakes that we've made doing it the wrong way.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need to save ur money for gas. What ur planning to do is going to require a $500 alt period. Starve it for power and prepare to burn shit up. I've got plenty of buddies that went the cheap swap meet route only to have the system fail. Spend more up front or wait until ur funds are right, but I wouldn't half ass it if I were you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo