2 issues popped up today (01 tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkthkmorris

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my ac belt broke. Put a new one on as the old looked pretty rough. After a day it also broke. So change out the belt tensioner. The old one would drag pretty good. Drove an hr today everything was great. Drove an hr home everything was great. Was hone about 4 hrs got up to go to the store ac worked great. On the way home ac stopped working again. Got hone and again another broken belt lol. Going to check pressure and luckily i have another condenser laying around.

2nd issue. Which has me boggled. Again the hr drive fishing truck ran grest doing 80 on the turnpike. Get there fish for a few hrs. Wife and i pack up and head back home. 30 mins into the trip we stop to eat. As i am gettinf back on the turnpike i get into it a little to try to get to 80. Truck starts to stutter and lose power. Finally get it to 80. I set the cruise and everything seem to be ok. Once it down shifted to go up a hill the truck again stutter and would start to lose power. If i hit the brake and ease it to 80 it would be fine again. Anytime i get into it the truck acts this way.

I do have a check engine light for the front left bank o2 sensor. Been a kinda depressing day. ce7e7b693288d595455233c5fc5ca979.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your ac compressor is locking up and you need to replace your front o2 sensors. Could be a bad clutch on the comoressor. No way the truck is going to run right with a faulty front sensor since the computer can't properly gauge a/f ratios or there is a delay hence the sputtering.

Nice rig btw, I envy all that tire sidewall lol. Seems wife proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Laneku99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
May have plugged cats and that’s why you are losing power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rkthkmorris

Reaction score
Appreciate it. I even have another o2 sensor sitting in the truck lol.

Lol ty love my tires. They are only 265/75r17s

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are plugs/wires? I would check misfire data before just condemning the upstream o2. "Don't shoot the messenger". It may be time for a simple tune-up or a coil or possibly an injector my be giving you the issue under load.

And as @bottomline2000 said, sounds like your compressor is locking up. Any noise or smells before the AC went out again?

OP
OP
R

rkthkmorris

Reaction score
No noise or smell, but again inside my cab is reslly loud due to turn downs.

I bought an o2 sensor a few mnths ago just havent put it in yet. Will do it tomorrow and check wires and all of that.

I was reading some other posts and these are the suggested issues. As ling as it isnt the first one the rest are cheap to replace

Torque converter

MAF Sensor

Fuel pump

O2 sensor

The torque cknverter looks to be around 190 while the rest is under 50 dollars.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sold on a torque converter issue by any means.

I'd definitely Pull codes freezeframe/misfire data first before you start throwin unecessary parts at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65