2 inch leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richs1

Reaction score
I just sold my 2004 Z71 Tahoe and picked up a 2011 Z71 Tahoe. World of difference in the two vehicles. I am wanting to level the truck and based on loose measurements from ground to center of fender is 47.25 in the rear and 45.25 in the front. I have read every post I can find on here and have found several different options.

1. Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit, Loaded Strut Chevy/GMC 07-14 $349.00

2. Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit, lower strut mount extensions checy/GMC 07-14 $49.95 or $69.95 for red

3. Tuff Country 2007-2021 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 - 2 inch leveling kit(front). These are round aluminum spacers that mount to the top of the strut.

Can anyone tell me which of these is the better option? I am not trying to run anything bigger than a 32 inch tire. I don't want to alter the suspension geometry and I don't want to negatively affect the ride quality.

Any help is appreciated.

PunchNugget

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would run the bottom strut spacer if all you want is a 2 inch lift. With a 2 inch top strut spacer you may need to cut the studs so they sit flush with the top of the spacer.

OP
OP
richs1

richs1

Reaction score
Thanks, I think you are correct, I used those on a 2012 Sierra and had trim the studs. Appreciate your reply.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before recently buying a '21 yukon we drove a 2011 z71 suburban for 8 years or so with a 2.5" ccm leveling kit and 33" duratracs and loved it. Sat perfectly level and rode great. I believe it was a 2.5" front only top mount spacer, nothing in the rearIMG_3249 (1).jpgIMG_3250.jpg

OP
OP
richs1

richs1

Reaction score
Before recently buying a '21 yukon we drove a 2011 z71 suburban for 8 years or so with a 2.5" ccm leveling kit and 33" duratracs and loved it. Sat perfectly level and rode great. I believe it was a 2.5" front only top mount spacer, nothing in the rearView attachment 357281View attachment 357283
What was the width of the tires? I am wanting to run 33’s but haven’t found anyone doing that was just a level. I don’t want to trim and don’t want to rub.

I appreciate your response!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't recall the exact tire size. I sold that rig a couple months back and gave the new owner all the service history paperwork with it so no way to know for sure. I sold the stock z71 wheels and was running 20s from a LTZ and pretty sure I told the tire store to fit the biggest size tire we could fit without massive rubbing. I did have to "modify" the front bumper cause they rubbed a little bit when turning. Basically I just removed the plastic support piece that the inner fender liner attaches to down by the bottom of the bumper and zip tied the fender liner back a couple inches so it wouldn't rub. One of the supports was already broken so wasn't doing anything anyways

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the width of the tires? I am wanting to run 33’s but haven’t found anyone doing that was just a level. I don’t want to trim and don’t want to rub.

I appreciate your response!
My wife saw our old ride parked this morning so I had her snap a pic of the tires...hope this helps.

275/60r20 so 33" x 11"

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you. That helps.
Hey! i was curious as to which way you went with this? i'm kinda torn, i want the simple leveling kit, to make it look correct. But then i also want to lift it 3". not sure which way to go.