2/3 Drop Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheOneNOnlyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was considering buying the 2/3 DJM Drop Kit from the man TONY himself. I have 285-50-20 tires on 20x9 MB vortex wheels. I was wondering if I may have any issues rubbing at full lock? Also, I take a couple trips a year up to tahoe for snowboarding and figure this drop won't have a negative effect on these trips. Last but not least, are there any other things I need to purchase in addition to the kit on his website or is it just buy the kit and install good to go? Thanks in advance for replies.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was considering buying the 2/3 DJM Drop Kit from the man TONY himself. I have 285-50-20 tires on 20x9 MB vortex wheels. I was wondering if I may have any issues rubbing at full lock? Also, I take a couple trips a year up to tahoe for snowboarding and figure this drop won't have a negative effect on these trips. Last but not least, are there any other things I need to purchase in addition to the kit on his website or is it just buy the kit and install good to go? Thanks in advance for replies.

just a heads up 2 inch keys in front ride will suffer a lot. the 285 50 20s would work out fine and if you do towing or load her up I would get the helper bags in rear.

OP
OP
T

TheOneNOnlyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you think a good alternative is to the keys? 300 dollars is a perfect number for me considering installation would be about the same at a local shop of mine. I'm young so unless the ride is super stiff I think I would be okay. Let me know what's on your mind as I've read you are the guy to talk to around here.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
honestly you can try out the kit and see how you like it. for 300 bucks you really cant go wrong. If you can wait a little longer I would do the kit that is 525 (add 110) for rear. That way will ride better buttttttttttt i see your 19 years old i think you will be ok with the kit for 300

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just do a 4/6 and call it a day. Add bags in rear for no sag when loaded. Your young so you'll probably want to go lower.

Skitch2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how muchwill ride differ with keys vs spindles compared to oem? looking to do the samer kit on my 03 Tahoe with a stock 20 in Tahoe rim and tire combo. she needs new shocks now so im doing those in a few days

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you only want one inch do keys. If you want more then do spindles. For 2 inch drop spindles ride much better. Dotter rear kit I sell 3-4 adjustable. The 5305 bell tech springs ride great.

OP
OP
T

TheOneNOnlyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it turns out I have autoride in my hoe. I was actually looking to go a little lower than 2/3 but maybe the Belltech 2/4 is a good option as I see it is compatible with autoride. Is there any way I could get maybe an inch lower in the front with that kit by changing shocks or something? I am very new to the whole customization of cars and just looking for some information before I started ordering stuff online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim2014