1998 Tahoe LS 2 door !help me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tt660

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've never had a zone, but if it did rotate the front diff up a little bit, that would definitely help with the vibration. You're right on the money with the vibration regardless of 2wd or 4wd...on a somewhat regular basis I forget the np246 keeps that front driveshaft spinning all the time (I can't stand that design)

The 241 is a nice transfer case and it sucks your np246 fell victim to pump rub. This spring I'm rebuilding mine when I have the time and putting that aftermarket plate in.
Tried responding to your pm, but not enuff post here yet, Thanks thou for the info.
Wish I would've took some pics of it, just had the front diff out to change to a different gear ratio and that was something to do with the stupid 10bolt lol. Learning all the weakness of these trucks and I'm not even ******* it.

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok for some reason never got notifications of posts for this. I am having headers and a full exhaust put in, removing my cats, flowmaster mufler and basically a complete repipe. I informed the shop owner of my future plans for a lift and lucky for me he owns a 98 suburban and knows exactly were to repipe it so it wont be in the way.

I will check out the zone lift also. I am a few paychecks away right now cause i plan on redoing most of my front end when i put the lift in. Also figured now would be the time to throw in a front air locker while i have the differential down.

for the poster who started this thread, myself and anyone else who comes across it perhaps you can guys can help out with a list of components that should be changed while doing the lift and the best part options. I believe i am going with napa. (spicer) but unsure some of the QTY of each part.

Here's what i have in mind to change please add your thoughts

Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Pitman Arm ( mines shot)
idler Arm (also Shot)
Upper and lower control arm bushings ( please give advice for upgrade kit)
Inner and outer Tie Rod Ends

What other parts ? CV Joints anything with axles ?

Thanks Guys

tt660

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok for some reason never got notifications of posts for this. I am having headers and a full exhaust put in, removing my cats, flowmaster mufler and basically a complete repipe. I informed the shop owner of my future plans for a lift and lucky for me he owns a 98 suburban and knows exactly were to repipe it so it wont be in the way.

I will check out the zone lift also. I am a few paychecks away right now cause i plan on redoing most of my front end when i put the lift in. Also figured now would be the time to throw in a front air locker while i have the differential down.

for the poster who started this thread, myself and anyone else who comes across it perhaps you can guys can help out with a list of components that should be changed while doing the lift and the best part options. I believe i am going with napa. (spicer) but unsure some of the QTY of each part.

Here's what i have in mind to change please add your thoughts

Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Pitman Arm ( mines shot)
idler Arm (also Shot)
Upper and lower control arm bushings ( please give advice for upgrade kit)
Inner and outer Tie Rod Ends

What other parts ? CV Joints anything with axles ?

Thanks Guys
I used all moog on my suspension, expensive, but I believe it's worth it. My local napa carries moog, but I would check some place like rockauto.com is were I got mine from. I used energy suspenison bushing, squeaky but really firmed the front up, I used the red ones, but believe the black wouldn't be so squeaky.

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere in here that the napa parts were better and spicer parts. the pitman arm looks twice the thickness of the moog.

Which is better ?

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which is the best suspension parts to order ? Moog or the Napa Spicer. Getting truck back from body shop this week then the suspension is getting ripped out

TruckBoss223

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help. thought i saw a thread on here saying that all napa brand parts were made by dana spicer and were better. ill see if i can find it again.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

ah never mind Moog it is and i think im getting me threads and conversations confused

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts