1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Suburban 454 starting issues

Discussion in 'Suburban / Yukon XL / Escalade ESV' started by Eddie7644, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:29 AM.

1. Eddie7644

Eddie7644 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Eddie
    I have a 98 big block suburban. Truck starts and runs great when it’s cold but after I drive it and let it sit for 20 plus minutes she hesitates to start. Long crank time then when it fires it stumbles a little and smells like raw fuel. After it clears out it will have a slight stumble sitting at a light. There is no check engine light on. From what I can gather seems to be injector issues but some are saying fuel pump check valve. What are peoples thoughts?

2. exp500

exp500 Full Access Member

Name:
    j
    How about some more info- How many miles, any modifications, spider conversion?
    Do you have a scanner, fuel pressure guage with long hose, mutimeter, test light, and spark tester? With these you can fix 90 percent of whatever happens.
    Check the coolant temp sensor, 2 wire plug at front of engine. Otherwise sounds like full tuneup due.