1997 Chevy power seat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zilla68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
seat motor is out on my 97 drivers seat. anyone know a part number or is there any type of replacement?

All the local salvages won't sell the motor, only sell the whole seat set up.

Can a guy buy a junk seat and swap out to a manual bracket?

thanks
chris

nomad

Reaction score
Your power seat is made up of 3 motors (forward/back, up/down, tilt) Your seat is attached to the lower track assembly (including the motors) by 4 bolts. As far as a replacement motor is concerned you can just about forget it at your local chevy dealers.

You should be able to get a track assembly with motors from a junk yard, worst case, you can use a manual track and just bolt it on your seat.

blreed42778

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chris,
Did you try Del City Pick Up Parts? My dad bought a seat motor for an Explorer there a few months ago.

I needed a new circuit board for my Yukon and all they had on the floor was the whole assembly and they just pulled the board out. They seem pretty helpful there.

They are at 3109 SE 29th in Del City. Worth a shot if you havent tried them yet.