2014 Yukon passenger seat recline motor part# and swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lennon_68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All!

My son was goofing around with the power seats on my wife's 2014 Yukon XL Denali and the recline stopped working. I took it apart to the point where I could get to the recline motor and used a multimeter to confirm power is getting to it so I believe the motor's just burned out.

Today I set out to buy a replacement but I failed miserably at finding one for sale or even the part number. One of my mang google searches lead me to this forum and an old thread from 2012 with a now broken eBay link.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a replacement motor. I was also hoping to get some tips on how to get to the thing to replace it... From the little fiddling I did it looks like I'll have to remove the seat cover to hopefully be able to remove some plastic moulding?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the recline on my
Hi All!

My son was goofing around with the power seats on my wife's 2014 Yukon XL Denali and the recline stopped working. I took it apart to the point where I could get to the recline motor and used a multimeter to confirm power is getting to it so I believe the motor's just burned out.

Today I set out to buy a replacement but I failed miserably at finding one for sale or even the part number. One of my mang google searches lead me to this forum and an old thread from 2012 with a now broken eBay link.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a replacement motor. I was also hoping to get some tips on how to get to the thing to replace it... From the little fiddling I did it looks like I'll have to remove the seat cover to hopefully be able to remove some plastic moulding?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my passenger side recline would only go one way.. back haha. as a test a pulled the switch apart from the drivers side and hooked it up and it worked. I then tested the bad one on the driver's side and it worked there. was like wtf, walked back around, plugged it into the passenger side and it wouldn't work. so I left it with the drivers in the passenger side and passenger side in the driver. been working for a year now.

might be worth checking the switch.

as for finding the motor. I have no clue if they sell it or not. if the dealer can't find a part number, you might have to hit a junk yard.

from my quick looking you might be able to switch one from say a tilt mode to the recline. or even give up forward and back, whichever is needed more.

OP
OP
L

lennon_68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the recline on my

my passenger side recline would only go one way.. back haha. as a test a pulled the switch apart from the drivers side and hooked it up and it worked. I then tested the bad one on the driver's side and it worked there. was like wtf, walked back around, plugged it into the passenger side and it wouldn't work. so I left it with the drivers in the passenger side and passenger side in the driver. been working for a year now.

might be worth checking the switch.

as for finding the motor. I have no clue if they sell it or not. if the dealer can't find a part number, you might have to hit a junk yard.

from my quick looking you might be able to switch one from say a tilt mode to the recline. or even give up forward and back, whichever is needed more.
Thanks for the reply! I think the testing showed that its the motor not the switch. I got in far enough to barely get the plug off the motor and read 12v getting that far when the switch is pressed.

What you suggested is my plan b if I can't find a replacement motor... assuming all the motors are the same I should be able to snag one of the others.

I might have to break down and call the dealership

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely stop by a dealer and see if the motor is even available. most of the time they will give you a part number for it too.

12v with it unplugged is not always enough to tell, to really know you need to back probe the wires while hitting the switch. or at least fine a way to put a good 1amp load in the plug while testing. I've had that chase my tail where I have 12v with a meter but as soon as I put a load on it, bam my 12v is gone to 2 and nothing happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts