1994 Yukon Door detent lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtPreston

Reaction score
Anyone have a name for the spring-loaded notched arm that holds the driver door open - I'm trying to find a replacement and can't find one - if one exists. Thanks.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lmc truck but it looks like you will have to buy the whole hinge kit to get what your after. same with rock auto you will have to order the whole hinge. looking at the arm your referring to and remembering my 2 that arm wasn't meant to be removed.

OP
OP
S

SgtPreston

Reaction score
Thanks James, that's what I was afraid of but I just replaced both hinge pins and the detent pin in the driver door. I'm guessing the old pin was so bent that it wore the lever arm and now when I close the door, the new roller pin "pops" when it comes out of the indented notch. I think I could use my small sawzall to cut the top of the pin if I could find a replacement arm and pin. I'll check with LMC and see if they can help. Appreciate the response.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be suprised what you can find in the salvage yards. when i had my 94 suburban i went hunting through my pick a part. found another suburban and i swear the rear doors were brand new. honestly it was a shame the truck was there. aside the whole front clip and engine waa missing it had the nicest doora and panels ive seen on anything in a salvage yard.

OP
OP
S

SgtPreston

Reaction score
I agree but I don't need the door, just that small notched lever arm that keeps the door open. I'll keep looking until something turns up. Thanks for the responses.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree but I don't need the door, just that small notched lever arm that keeps the door open. I'll keep looking until something turns up. Thanks for the responses.
lol no just bring what you need to get the pin out.

OP
OP
S

SgtPreston

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of just cutting the pin out with my small Sawzall - I figured they would frown on that since it is peened in place and would damage the door hinge operation if someone wanted a complete door. Might look into that. Thanks.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of just cutting the pin out with my small Sawzall - I figured they would frown on that since it is peened in place and would damage the door hinge operation if someone wanted a complete door. Might look into that. Thanks.
the hinge is welded in place to my knowledge and has to be drilled and a pry bar to get them off. most of the time the hinges aren't a desirable piece as the door pin kit is cheap. easily smooth things over and think of some other pieces you might be interested in if you come across them. also they generally prefer that you dont cut things off but they also are aware some things just dont come off unless they are cut off.

OP
OP
S

SgtPreston

Reaction score
Oddly enough the door has finally started closing easily as it should without any popping - I had lubed it pretty good and I guess it finally got to the right place, or the pin found out it was going to be replaced . . .
I now have some time to do the necessary searching. I'll see what the pick-a-part turns up - Thanks James

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough the door has finally started closing easily as it should without any popping - I had lubed it pretty good and I guess it finally got to the right place, or the pin found out it was going to be replaced . . .
I now have some time to do the necessary searching. I'll see what the pick-a-part turns up - Thanks James
uh oh
thats about the time it decided bind up on one door and for the spring to come flying out in the other door for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne