'18 Yukon XL Key Fob/Keyless Entry Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the antenna as mentioned above. I had similiar issues, replaced the antenna and all is good. It was $23 on Rock auto and took 10 mins to replace.

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having similar problems with my 2019 Yukon Denali. A lot of time I've got to move/jiggle the FOB around to unlock the vehicle in the passive unlock mode. I want to try the antenna fix but don't see the GM part number anywhere in my search. Can someone provide me with GM's part number and some location pics/vids? Thanks...

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a little more research... In 2020 GM did a TSB about poor FOB performance. It simply stated, If your FOB's working like crap replace the radio antenna amplifier. End of TSB... I called several dealers and they ran my VIN. They said that my vehicle takes one of two different amplifiers, a ...86 or ...89. I have to pull my old one out and cross the number to one of the new numbers. There's no ordering it an advance.

lbenson

Reaction score
A bit late to post but I've had both issues the OP had.

Key fob range was awful and the linked forum post on the previous page covers that. I replaced the receiver in the rear of the truck (cheap part, less than $100) and that fixed it right away. No programming at all, just plug and play.

As far as the trailer service error message... I once had it beep for about half of a 1000 mile roadtrip. Nothing much after that for a few years and recently beeped a number of times on a short drive but nothing since then. Curious to hear what fixed that problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN