'18 Denali Custom Grill Fabricators?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet for custom grill options for my 2018 Denali. While I've found a few options for mesh grill inserts and a few others that will work with the active shutters, I just haven't found one that I like. That said, I'm now on a search for any fabricators that might be able to make a custom grill. Wanted to see if anyone on this forum has suggestions for one located in the Midwest.

Found one that makes some pretty sweet grills, but they are based in Las Vegas.

Thanks in advance...

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the mesh design, it will depend on what you're willing to spend?
I have a buddy that has a black Denali and got a Strut upper grill that he painted gloss black and left the factory chrome trim surround and it looks really clean. Strut is pretty proud of their stuff though and they are not cheap. My buddy does some apparel stuff for them and so he got a good deal.
I honestly think the factory grill looks pretty decent, I think the biggest change to the look is painting the factory grill surround and the fog light surrounds...I did mine and it looks so much cleaner.
T-rex I think also might make a similar design to the Strut grill and you could check with them if they have a design like you want?

OP
OP
M

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I did come across Strut in some of my searches. I think they make great looking stuff, but I'm hoping for a more aggressive look than classy if that make sense. Thanks for the reminder on T-Rex. Last I looked they didn't have many options for the 2018, but looks like they released a few more. They are getting closer, maybe I'll just keep an eye out there and save my custom money for a supercharger :).

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I did come across Strut in some of my searches. I think they make great looking stuff, but I'm hoping for a more aggressive look than classy if that make sense. Thanks for the reminder on T-Rex. Last I looked they didn't have many options for the 2018, but looks like they released a few more. They are getting closer, maybe I'll just keep an eye out there and save my custom money for a supercharger :).

I think there are some custom billet guys out there that can do something custom built...I was initially looking to see if Street Scene had one for the newer trucks...years ago I had their plain mesh grill in my Yukon XL with everything blacked out and it looked I think really good, and I was hoping to do the same to my 17, but they offered nothing. I am not into the rivets and scull's etc, but I just wanted something clean with no emblem and and ended up finding a billet powder coated option on Amazon for a hundred bucks, and I planned to paint all the chrome anyway, so it seemed like the right start and if I didn't care for it, then I was really only out the hundred bucks for the grill, but it was perfect, the textured powder coat matches the plastic and for me it was exactly the right match.
I still would have liked the Street Scene style grill which has a more industrial look, attached is a picture of it in my 01 that was stolen and then recovered and then sold. It is a similar concept with the mesh look, but the Strut grill uses a thinner steel wire for their mesh, but the tight look is nice when it's painted too.
I think RBP and T-rex might also be willing to custom make something, again I think it will also depend on what your willing to pay. With the paint and grill I think I got off pretty affordable and got the clean look I wanted, so hopefully you have the same luck!

2011-04-08 15.15.18.jpg 20180818_183742.jpg

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also think the factory 2018 Denali grill looks really good too, perhaps painting the surround chrome and then do the GMC emblem in gloss black would look pretty aggressive too.
Just a thought.

OP
OP
M

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't mind the factory Denali grill. I couldn't find a single body or paint shop around me that would touch paining my trim or grill. So i had local shop wrap it for now! I also have some emblem overlays to test out next.
Wrapped Surround.jpg

I was just thinking about going more radical and getting some thing more unique. Lighted emblem and semi-hidden light bar so just something a little different. Found these guys in vegas that make really cool stuff, but nothing for the Yukon just yet.
American-Wave.jpgTundraXlite.jpg

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't mind the factory Denali grill. I couldn't find a single body or paint shop around me that would touch paining my trim or grill. So i had local shop wrap it for now! I also have some emblem overlays to test out next.
View attachment 205791

I was just thinking about going more radical and getting some thing more unique. Lighted emblem and semi-hidden light bar so just something a little different. Found these guys in vegas that make really cool stuff, but nothing for the Yukon just yet.
View attachment 205792View attachment 205793

That sierra and tundra grille are pretty hideous to be honest lol..

OP
OP
M

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL. To each his own. If I made my own it's not what I'd pay for custom. I don't think they are terrible and I like that the shop is doing something different. Most everything I see is just some black mesh or diamond mesh. Strut is pretty sweet stuff, but looking for more aggressive than classy. It's also what I love about all cars. I see them as art (not to mention the engineer in me still marvels at what can be done these days). Like any art, it's subjective. I'd love a subtle lighted emblem with a hidden light bar for back country Michigan driving when "Up North". If i could get that with my stock grill and some paint to tone down the chrome I'd probably be happy!

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. To each his own. If I made my own it's not what I'd pay for custom. I don't think they are terrible and I like that the shop is doing something different. Most everything I see is just some black mesh or diamond mesh. Strut is pretty sweet stuff, but looking for more aggressive than classy. It's also what I love about all cars. I see them as art (not to mention the engineer in me still marvels at what can be done these days). Like any art, it's subjective. I'd love a subtle lighted emblem with a hidden light bar for back country Michigan driving when "Up North". If i could get that with my stock grill and some paint to tone down the chrome I'd probably be happy!

If you have a second car and can live without driving you Denali for a couple weeks, maybe check with a local tech at the dealer or if you are capable to remove yourself...I pulled my bumper off and took out the grill and the whole center section of the grill unscrews leaving just the chrome surround that you can remove, as well the fog light surrounds, the Fog light surrounds can stay together with the black plastic and you can box it up and ship it to me and I can have my body shop color match the parts to the factory paint, just get me your Vin and I will get it done for you and sent back. Probably would be a 2 week down time, but when I did mine it was about $450.00 bucks, and then I just put everything back together myself. Be sure when removing the bumper, you line the area under the headlights with masking tape, and also the sides where the fender and bumper meet at the top, and be sure to lay down a large thick blanket to work on removing the parts.
Just an idea if you want. For some reason so many body shops are afraid to paint factory Chrome, probably because there is really little money in it for a good amount of work, the chrome needs to be sanded and scuffed and then primed really good in order for the paint to stick really good, also there is a special primer used in the process for plastic parts. I have no issues with paint flaking, and the color match is 100%. The other option is to check with a few more body shops in your area to see if they will do it? Out here in Cali it is pretty saturated, but only a few paint shops are willing to do this stuff, it is limited mainly due to the fact it is not a big money maker for a good amount of paint work and prep.
Anyway, you would be amazed at how different these parts painted make the truck look. Again, just a suggestion to help you if you want.

Jim

OP
OP
M

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jim,

Sorry for the delay. I really appreciate the offer. I'm not in a huge rush, but do have the bug to get things all completed. I may just start calling around a few more shops here. There are hundreds in the Chicagoland area, but 95% of them are just a pain to deal with. Plus my luck is once I get it painted I'll find a custom grill I want :).

Justin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo