17 Yukon 4” ReadyLIFT SST Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending in design, i tend to drill several holes in mine to soften them up. also do this when lowering to keep the cush, but not to remove entirely

ChanceTx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nick14226... I've got some questions about your truck. I sent a message the other day but not sure if you received it. Can you email me at [email protected]? Thanks!

ChanceTx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I believe I have also "spoken" with Oh Kee Pah and he was helpful as well. Anyway, we just got my wife a 2017 Yukon Denali 4WD. Hers has the Magneride suspension and the rear air bags. Every 4x4 shop around is telling me they can't find a kit that will work. She really likes how your Yukon sits and we'd like to replicate that. So we are wanting the 4" in front and 3" in rear lift. Can't they just remove/delete the Magneride stuff? As well as the air bags? And your wheels have a -24 offset. I saw on this thread where another guy had the same -24, but his wheels looked like they stuck out really far. We do not want them to stick out that far. Any chance you could measure that for me? Yours just don't look like they stick out much at all, which we like.

Also, do you happen to know if a bumper off an SLE like yours will fit on a Denali? We both like the look of yours better.

OP
OP
nick14226

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I believe I have also "spoken" with Oh Kee Pah and he was helpful as well. Anyway, we just got my wife a 2017 Yukon Denali 4WD. Hers has the Magneride suspension and the rear air bags. Every 4x4 shop around is telling me they can't find a kit that will work. She really likes how your Yukon sits and we'd like to replicate that. So we are wanting the 4" in front and 3" in rear lift. Can't they just remove/delete the Magneride stuff? As well as the air bags? And your wheels have a -24 offset. I saw on this thread where another guy had the same -24, but his wheels looked like they stuck out really far. We do not want them to stick out that far. Any chance you could measure that for me? Yours just don't look like they stick out much at all, which we like.

Also, do you happen to know if a bumper off an SLE like yours will fit on a Denali? We both like the look of yours better.
So having an sle im no expert on magneride and air bags, but yes, many have replaced the Magneride with regular shocks, you just need to trick the system into thinking they’re still there (and there are companies that make components to do that). The air bags arms can be extended for auto level, but not sure you can bolt up the rear coil spring spacers for the air bags. I think there are other threads with info but will take you some more searching. Definitely seen guys with Denali’s with lifts, unfortunately you’ll likely need to learn how by searching here to teach the local off-road shops yourself…

As for the offset, there are three things that effect tire stick out. The width of the wheels, the offset of the wheels, and the width of the tires. New steering knuckles will effect front tire stick out too, but not the case with these style 4” lifts, just the BDS has the new knuckles (maybe that’s what you saw). Mine were (I traded the Yukon in on a ‘22 z71 yesterday ) 20” diameter x 10” wide, -24mm offset, with 285 mm wide tires.

I trimmed the front valance with a dremel, and added the front bumper piece with opening and added the tow hooks. You could do the same, however, with adaptive cruise (which I didn’t have and you might) there are complication adding tow hooks on both sides.

ChanceTx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THANKS for the help! I've been saving some links to a few threads on here to send to a local shop.

And I think you are right about there may be a complication with the front bumper. Hers DOES have the adaptive cruise. I'll probably just leave the bumper alone...at least for now. We would like to at least put a basic grill guard on it though, so I'll have to research that a little on here as well.

This site is awesome!

ChanceTx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well fellas, as much as I have appreciated everyone's help in getting my wife's Yukon looking better, we never did anything with it. She just couldn't decide on what direction to go. That being said, she has decided she likes driving her old 2013 Yukon better and wants to keep it. So, we will be selling the 2017. I guess there is a Classified section on here? I haven't even looked yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt