13 Tahoe SSV front grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

the inevitable happened, I bumped into "something, and the bottom of the bottom grill in the front, above the bumper, popped out. I tried to push it back in, but that doesn't seem to work.

I saw some videos on youtube, on how to remove the grills, but it didn't show how to (re)install them.

thought I'd ask here, before I start unbolting things. From what I hear in the video, there are some clips that hold it in.

any suggestions, or pointer to a video that actually shows it?

thanks,

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, seems you need to unbolt the top to access the clips that hold the lower grill pat in.. It's 6 bolts, the whole top parr, including the top grill and bowtie comes off.

Ron

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, seems you need to unbolt the top to access the clips that hold the lower grill pat in.. It's 6 bolts, the whole top parr, including the top grill and bowtie comes off.

Ron
watch out for things like sensors sometimes they are on the grille

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my grill inserts with aftermarket. Funny thing is, I read reviews on it and there was a lot of bitching about fitment. I can guarantee those folks didn't know what they were doing, let alone really 'work' on much themselves. It's not hard by any means, but if you aren't familiar it takes a little bit to learn how to work the clips.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/sooooooo-i-bought-a-ppv.92147/page-29#post-1348791

This is the video I learned how to get it out with. The trick was really just having a few pry tools available, work one under the clip and move to the next one, so forth. A lot of patience, but it'll come out (or go back in if you just need to reseat it). I'd suggest removing it completely and reinstalling it, so you see how the clips are on the insert itself.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
watch out for things like sensors sometimes they are on the grille

too late.. did unbolt it last weekend.. and.. no sensors. (I would wonder what sensors one would attach to a piece of plastic.

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my grill inserts with aftermarket. Funny thing is, I read reviews on it and there was a lot of bitching about fitment. I can guarantee those folks didn't know what they were doing, let alone really 'work' on much themselves. It's not hard by any means, but if you aren't familiar it takes a little bit to learn how to work the clips.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/sooooooo-i-bought-a-ppv.92147/page-29#post-1348791

This is the video I learned how to get it out with. The trick was really just having a few pry tools available, work one under the clip and move to the next one, so forth. A lot of patience, but it'll come out (or go back in if you just need to reseat it). I'd suggest removing it completely and reinstalling it, so you see how the clips are on the insert itself.

Hi Darren, thanks!!

I saw that video a week r two ago.

I decided to take the six bolts on top out, and then the top part comes right off (so easy you have to be careful you don't let it fall off.)

I figured that if you pull the lower grill up a little, push it back with the other hand and it pops right (back) in. Then put top back "et voila"

thanks,

Ron

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too late.. did unbolt it last weekend.. and.. no sensors. (I would wonder what sensors one would attach to a piece of plastic.

Ron
out door temp sensors air bag etc. are located in the front area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts