1.5” or 2” rear lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by Ben Hinz, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz Full Access Member

Name:
    Ben
    I have a 2”-3” front level kit going in my 09 Tahoe. Usually a 2” will bring the front level. If I cranked the front up to 3”, I suspect I’ll have to bring the rear up. Should I do a 1.5” spacer or a 2” spacer? It’s going to be sitting on 305/55R20. Just a heads up, that fitment is amazing looking!

2. yates ™

yates ™ Resident Apple hater Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Derek
    Might be just your wording but there is nothing to crank up on the front unless you're changing to coilovers.

3. Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz Full Access Member

Name:
    Ben
    ">

There’s a few adjustable aftermarket Coils out there like Fox Racing. I got a great price on a ProRyde adjustable level kit. Allows you to go anywhere from 2”-3”. So yeah, let’s crank it up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. yates ™

yates ™ Resident Apple hater Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Derek
    I was just checking as I have seen members go from a pre2007 SUV to these and not know it isn't torsion bars any longer. Was just a heads up if you didn't already know.

5. MichaelSE

MichaelSE 2010 2500

Name:
    Michael
    Depends on the look you're going for. I used to have a 1500 - put a 2" front kit on it, and a 1" spacer in the rear, and it sat level. After a few weeks I decided I preferred the raked look, so I took out the 1" spacer and replaced it with a 2". This brought the rear back to about 1" higher. Here's how it looked:

IMG_8008JPG.jpg

Sorry, I don't think I have any pics of it when I had the 2/1 combo. If you bring the front up 3", a 2" spacer would level it. But I would tread carefully and consult some of the more experienced forum members before you go so high. Generally, anything above 2.5" can potentially damage CVs and UBJs.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM