1/2" Wheel spacers with studs needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pavich91

pavich91

Reaction score
I ran 3/8 inch spacers on my Tahoe until the engine died. I had absolutely zero problems. I went down many dirt roads in Virginia, a mud road in Iowa, and crawling in Utah with zero problems. The tire size I was running should be in my sig.

Same size as mine. Did you run 3/8" studded spacers?

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

:lazer:
pics of shock bolt and tire and clearance please.

use spacers as a last option. do you really need a whole 1/2" of spacer to clear? 1/4" would be safer. as well as no spacers being the safest.

I will take one tomorrow and post. ;)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure what the issue is. 1" isn't that close. You're fine.

OP
OP
pavich91

pavich91

Reaction score
Not quite sure what the issue is. 1" isn't that close. You're fine.

Its close enough where it was rubbing bad with 5 ppl in truck. In reverse the nobby tires would grab the fender liner making it sound like a baseball card in the bike spoke sound. So cut that area out. Havent had a full load yet, but if it was hitting the plastic right in front of that shock bolt, it means it was 1/8"-1/4" away, that seems to close for me.
I guess i titled this wrong, its 1" from shock, but under load its much closer

You're fine. If you rubbed on the shock you would see the tire wear marks on it by now.

It never rubbed on shock, just the fender liner in front of shock bolt. Thats getting pretty close tho

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Maybe that pic i took doesn't show the main area problem, but would have to either get 5 ppl in truck or drive it up on a curb or something.
I re take one tomorrow

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84