09 tahoe rear speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwol2424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 tahoe z71 fully loaded with an aftermarket kenwood stereo. The problem I'm having is the rear door speakers and rear pillar speakers randomly stopped working. Ive tried putting the factory radio back in. I've checked all the fuse I think would cause it. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my battery. I tried replacing those speakers and even put in a brand new oem bose amp, all with no luck. If you have any ideas on how to fix this please let me know

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

When the rear door and pillar speakers go out, do they all go out at the same time?

Other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 tahoe z71 fully loaded with an aftermarket kenwood stereo. The problem I'm having is the rear door speakers and rear pillar speakers randomly stopped working. Ive tried putting the factory radio back in. I've checked all the fuse I think would cause it. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my battery. I tried replacing those speakers and even put in a brand new oem bose amp, all with no luck. If you have any ideas on how to fix this please let me know
I’m having the same issue with the A pillar tweeters. But if I turn the volume up the speakers come back on. I’m thinking the factory Bose amp is taking a dump. But I’m also running a kenwood head unit. Just haven’t had time to diagnose what’s going on yet.

Good luck man!

Shannon

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well you need to check and verify if the amp is working properly, the only way to do that really is with a tech2, you can check the speakers from the amp output to speaker manually but if the issue is between the radio and amp it's going to be more difficult to diagnose because the bose amp is digital.
I would start with check the speakers first from the amp output then you know how to proceed from there.

OP
OP
C

Cwol2424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

When the rear door and pillar speakers go out, do they all go out at the same time?

Other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.
Yes they went out at the same time

OP
OP
C

Cwol2424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well you need to check and verify if the amp is working properly, the only way to do that really is with a tech2, you can check the speakers from the amp output to speaker manually but if the issue is between the radio and amp it's going to be more difficult to diagnose because the bose amp is digital.
I would start with check the speakers first from the amp output then you know how to proceed from there.
Thanks for the info. Ill be sure to check that out this weekend. I've also heard that another reason why the rear speakers wouldnt work could be a problem with the rsa (rear seat audio)controls or settings. Do you have any ideas on how i could check that out?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Ill be sure to check that out this weekend. I've also heard that another reason why the rear speakers wouldnt work could be a problem with the rsa (rear seat audio)controls or settings. Do you have any ideas on how i could check that out?
I have read that is a possibility as well, not sure what causes that maybe something with the headphone jacks, it's probably worth checking the rear control for functionality aside from that I think the only fix for the rear control is to replace it if you determine it to be the problem,
depending on how the system is set it does cut off the rear audio so i would try sitting in the back and put a movie on and go thru the motions maybe it's stuck on that somewhere

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu