"08 Z71 Tahoe Oem Struts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace our original front struts and it seems that conventional and monotube struts are listed by aftermarket manufacturers but I can't find any information on what our Z71 was originally equipped with. Anyone know? We liked the way it rode from the start as GM intended so we're not looking for a significant change.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So monotube was original on Z71?

One GM parts site notes front #540-573 for a 2008 LT; no specific listing for Z71.

Last edited:

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you still see a label at the bottom of your strut with the part number?

Those numbers I got were kind of a quick search and after reading it seems that they didn't do too much different on the shocks like they used to on the z71. If yours are black then I assume they probably are the same strut and any LT.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you still see a label at the bottom of your strut with the part number?

Those numbers I got were kind of a quick search and after reading it seems that they didn't do too much different on the shocks like they used to on the z71. If yours are black then I assume they probably are the same strut and any LT.

The front struts are red and original. No obvious labels on the struts and the finish is significantly deteriorated. Worth another crawl under there though.
The original window sticker noted Z71 option with "Off Road Suspension".

I did find a press release that noted "high pressure struts".

Last edited:

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only factory ac delco fronts I can find that are red...
540-472
540-579
Take a look at your rpo codes for suspension numbers... should start with a 6 or a 7...

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only factory ac delco fronts I can find that are red...
540-472
540-579
Take a look at your rpo codes for suspension numbers... should start with a 6 or a 7...

I see 6TJ and 7TJ. How do I use that?

Your part numbers show "monotube" which I have read have "high pressure" so it seems to be adding up. I was considering KBY replacements that come fully assembled and they have a monotube option.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for chasing that around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu