08 Tahoe Hybrid no start/ no crank after AFM valve replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skianyday

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The lifter thing is interesting me but I read your thread because of the no start condition. I replaced my engine with a Jasper 32K miles ago, for about $9K. UGH! I was worried when I got into it I would be replacing everything as you are, I would be curious what the price difference turns out to be for trivia sake. I think it took them 6 weeks at the shop...

On the no start here is the thread to mine current state. I would appreciate any ideas anyone has.

It has some other relevant learning i.e. scanners etc. that might be useful to others.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The lifter thing is interesting me but I read your thread because of the no start condition. I replaced my engine with a Jasper 32K miles ago, for about $9K. UGH! I was worried when I got into it I would be replacing everything as you are, I would be curious what the price difference turns out to be for trivia sake. I think it took them 6 weeks at the shop...

On the no start here is the thread to mine current state. I would appreciate any ideas anyone has.

It has some other relevant learning i.e. scanners etc. that might be useful to others.
That is one hell of a story, have you tryed swaping out parts from truck 2 to truck 1? I would start with the ecm. Please report back.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

here's all I can find about no crank. no clue what order it's going to upload it from my phone but it should flow down to no crank, and then jump over to still no crank when there's a split link for cranks and doesn't start or no crank at all.

Attachments

• image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 3
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 3

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so that reminds me, I don't know how the caddy is, but does it have a light on the dash above each gear? if the light isn't on, that means there's no response from the tcm inside the tranny gear wise. it's a cable to the tranny but the tranny tells everything what's going on and lights up the gear indicator light. if that doesn't light the car won't start.

OP
OP
kenny-or

kenny-or

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everybody, thank you all for joining into the thread and posting. It’s been a long road to get this thing running again. The battery issue I was having ended up being that. I hadn’t actually gotten the connector on the battery put in properly. Shortly after getting the initial rebuild done, one of the AFM lifters came apart. I parked the car and gave up on the project for a while. I ended up ordering new parts to rebuild the engine again. Fortunately, when it came apart, it didn’t destroy the engine. I’ll start a new thread with images of that and information about what I did.

The total cost of the rebuild ended up coming in right about $2000. Which ultimately isn’t terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins