07' Yukon Denali Xl Backup Camera not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayaz_XL

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Deanli XL with Factory reverse camera. First off, i made sure the screen is set to display reverse camera image ON. When the vehicle is shifted into reverse, the warning disclaimer shows on top of the screen as it normally would, but instead of the camera showing the image, the bottom of the screen is all black where the picture should be displayed.

Any experience with these problems, any common issues? Anything i can do or check myself before i bring to the dealer? How would the dealer diagnose this problem?

Thank You for your time!

2007myukondenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased an 07 denali xl. I am having the same issue. Did you find the cause of the black screen in reverse?
Thanks!
Dominic

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dominic,
I recommend taking it to the dealer. They will be able to diagnose and/or repair this issue for you. If you would like me to make an appointment for you send me a PM.
Breanne
GMC Customer Service

Pete Lavelle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
backup camers

have same problem. Just installed a new camera. This did not resolve the issue.

As a side not to the Service guy that replied. I went to the Dealer & they were going to replace & hope repair. Their camera's price was $450. I got mine in three days for $150. OEM Same exact thing. I am just tired of the Dealer service runaround/ rip-off!

Module on-line is $23. Dealer was $105. go figure..........

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dominic,
I recommend taking it to the dealer. They will be able to diagnose and/or repair this issue for you. If you would like me to make an appointment for you send me a PM.
Breanne
GMC Customer Service

Take it to the Dealer, Breanne says so! BUT, ..... that's usually all she says. :)

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

have same problem. Just installed a new camera. This did not resolve the issue.

As a side not to the Service guy that replied. I went to the Dealer & they were going to replace & hope repair. Their camera's price was $450. I got mine in three days for $150. OEM Same exact thing. I am just tired of the Dealer service runaround/ rip-off!

Module on-line is $23. Dealer was $105. go figure..........

Dealer = STEALER! But hey, .......... Breanne says, TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:56 PM ----------

I have a 2007 Yukon Deanli XL with Factory reverse camera. First off, i made sure the screen is set to display reverse camera image ON. When the vehicle is shifted into reverse, the warning disclaimer shows on top of the screen as it normally would, but instead of the camera showing the image, the bottom of the screen is all black where the picture should be displayed.

Any experience with these problems, any common issues? Anything i can do or check myself before i bring to the dealer? How would the dealer diagnose this problem?

Thank You for your time!

Paint those Rear Pillar Caps and that Wing white, it will look WAY BETTER!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL i'm glad someone else noticed.

Come on now, have you EVER seen anything else but the same ole, same ole comment? "Take it to the dealer". Any other serious/constructive input EVER?

I am starting to wonder if GM decided to have her join this forum to see how many of us she can reel in and send to "the dealer". RIDICULOUS!!!

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Haha Im sure everyone thinks what you said Jochen, glad it was finally said because all she does is waste my time when I'm reading the forum...when I see "GM CUSTOMER SERVICE" I dont even read the post anymore because its always about taking it to the dealer lol.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha Im sure everyone thinks what you said Jochen, glad it was finally said because all she does is waste my time when I'm reading the forum...when I see "GM CUSTOMER SERVICE" I dont even read the post anymore because its always about taking it to the dealer lol.

Well, maybe we should take a vote to see if she can be on the forum any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reusch84