07 yukon air ride adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 yukon with the air ride. Is there any way to adjust the height of the rear? Can I lower it say 1 inch?

Any help is appreciated.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Only with the purchase of a lowering kit can you lower it. I would suggest 2" lower ot have it almost level with the back.
McGauhys makes a rear only kit over here at www.streetpros.com under suspension for your make/model/yar, or you can ask Tim the McGaughys vendor on here for a cheaper rear-only kit price!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LTZ with autoride, and in Tahoe Forums I did once read that you can adjust the height, if anyone knows it would be very appreciated

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I found people talking about it here:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0af225

I can't get your link to load, so I can't comment on what they're saying there. Yes, you can adjust the height -- but only with new springs. There's no cranking this or turning that on the rears of these trucks. (Incidentally, I have an '09 LTZ with autoride, and just (today) got it back from having lowering springs put in the rear. If there had been some other route to go that didn't involve swapping springs, I'd have gone that route.)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You can't adjust the height with shocks, but you can adjust when the Autoride kicks in. But IIRC lift kits should come with new shocks, as there is no shock extender for lifted trucks, only lowered ones.
I say you just get some taller Bilstein/RanchoHD shocks down there.

Cooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 yukon with the air ride. Is there any way to adjust the height of the rear? Can I lower it say 1 inch?

Any help is appreciated.

Newbie here. I am in the same situation. Don't want to lower the front at all but want the rear lowered about an inch is all. I can't find anybody that even has a rear leveling lower kit for an 07+ tahoe. I seen somebody with rear springs from BellTech and it lowered the rear end too much. My rake is only about 1 1/4". It looks like so much more but that is what the tape measurer says, from center cap to fender lip. So I don't want to lower it any more than an inch. Anybody have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if they are air rid you can adjust the air ride sensor, most guys op out and get the kit.
thanks tim

Cooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if they are air rid you can adjust the air ride sensor, most guys op out and get the kit.
thanks tim

Thanks for your response. How do I adjust the air ride sensor?? I've been searching high and low on how to lower the rear an inch. If I can drop it an inch with the air ride, that would be the ticket. Any more info that would be fantabulous!!

Cooter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

No, I did not see that, but that is very nice. Exactly the look I am goin for. Do you have any part #s for the springs and spacer that you used? I jumped on Belltech's website and all I can find is 3-4" rear lowering springs for autoride applications and that is definately too much.

Did you notice a big difference in ride quality?

I was looking at your before pictures and mine doesn't seem to be raked quite as much as yours. Is that possible? Maybe an illusion, they are both 09 4wd LTZs. When I measured mine there is only about 1 1/4" difference so I am afraid if I go 1 3/8" it will sag in the back. Definately don't want that.

And does anybody know, can I drop it an inch or so with the air ride and no springs??

Thanks again,
Ben

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SayWhen