07 Tahoe state patrol lowering questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
305/40/22. If they're lowered in both back and front, there should be a 2" rake still, correct?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, correct.
Are all of your suspension components factory?
Have you replaced any suspension parts?
Are you the second owner?
Lots of variables.

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
Yes, correct.
Are all of your suspension components factory?
Have you replaced any suspension parts?
How long have you owned your PPV?
Are you the second owner?
Lots of variables.
Suspension never modified. I've owned it 2 years. Bought it from Texas State Surplus. I had to compound and polish the DPS decals off myself and have the white hood painted black. The only owner before me was LEO.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've owned ours roughly the same amount of time, I think I'm going on 3 years. Both unmolested. Mine is from NC State Police. I'm curious why yours sits that much lower in the rear.

It is stated in many article that they come with lower stiffer suspension.
I'm not here to argue by any means. Friends :)

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
We've owned ours roughly the same amount of time, I think I'm going on 3 years. Both unmolested. Mine is from NC State Police. I'm curious why yours sits that much lower in the rear.

It is stated in many article that they come with lower stiffer suspension.
I'm not here to argue by any means. Friends :)
It's possible they ordered them differently. And yea, it's most definitely a stiffer suspension. Im actually about to start ordering parts to do the TBSS bag swap in the rear. My back can't take any more..Haha.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible they ordered them differently. And yea, it's most definitely a stiffer suspension. Im actually about to start ordering parts to do the TBSS bag swap in the rear. My back can't take any more..Haha.

True, very true.
Haha, I'm getting ready to drop mine. I was going to go with the TBSS bags but Tony recommended his 6" drop coils with helpers, so I'm going that route.
The free travel mod and removing the jounce pads will definitely help your back ;)

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
True, very true.
Haha, I'm getting ready to drop mine. I was going to go with the TBSS bags but Tony recommended his 6" drop coils with helpers, so I'm going that route.
The free travel mod and removing the jounce pads will definitely help your back ;)
I'd love tonys 4/6 drop buts that's too pricey for me right now.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love tonys 4/6 drop buts that's too pricey for me right now.

Took me a while to decide.
I was going to start small but last time I did that I did it three times in my 2dr Tahoe, ended up with a close to 5/7 drop. This time I'm dropping it as much as I can the first time. I'll adjust it there after if need be.

Start by removing the jounce pads and free travel mod. See how you like it and go from there.

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
Took me a while to decide.
I was going to start small but last time I did that I did it three times in my 2dr Tahoe, ended up with a close to 5/7 drop. This time I'm dropping it as much as I can the first time. I'll adjust it there after if need be.

Start by removing the jounce pads and free travel mod. See how you like it and go from there.
Will do.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PPVs have a 2" drop all around.

Tony,
Why the 3" drop spindles over the 2"?

your truck has drop springs on it add in 2 inch spindles means will sit 3 or more lower in front. This is why i set them up with the spindles designed for 3 or more drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bassknocks