07 Tahoe having trouble cranking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marionso14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So for about the last month I have had trouble starting my 07 tahoe. It turns over but it acts as if it is not getting either fuel or air. It almost always cranks the second try. It drives normal as if it's getting enough fuel/air when driving. I have cleaned and replaced the mass airflow sensor with no change. Is there any other option besides the fuel pump?

It did throw a CEL for a few days and it said both banks were lean. However the light has since went off but still having issues.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
So for about the last month I have had trouble starting my 07 tahoe. It turns over but it acts as if it is not getting either fuel or air. It almost always cranks the second try. It drives normal as if it's getting enough fuel/air when driving. I have cleaned and replaced the mass airflow sensor with no change. Is there any other option besides the fuel pump?

It did throw a CEL for a few days and it said both banks were lean. However the light has since went off but still having issues.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

what code was it? As I just said in another thread it may be the fuel pressure regulator..My truck recently through a EVAP code and I replaced the purge solenoid assembly and gas cap but still has slight trouble starting and a slight smell of gas so I'm going to check my FPR tonight and possibly replace it..It's like a 20 dollar part on amazon..The fuel pump is like 400 and a ***** to replace

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
what code was it? As I just said in another thread it may be the fuel pressure regulator..My truck recently through a EVAP code and I replaced the purge solenoid assembly and gas cap but still has slight trouble starting and a slight smell of gas so I'm going to check my FPR tonight and possibly replace it..It's like a 20 dollar part on amazon..The fuel pump is like 400 and a ***** to replace
My 08 recently threw the same code. I cleared it and it hasn't returned. My hesitates on a cold start. It'll turn over on the first try but just takes a little longer compared to when it's warm. Where is the regulator located?

OP
OP
M

marionso14

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
bump for help. CEL is not on... Thinking its bad fuel pump due to ethanol but I have been driving with this issue for about 9 months now. hasn't seemed to get any worse though

Landhawker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Exact same issue on 2007 Yukon. Replaced O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2, it was bad but didn't fix issue. A couple different mechanics have told me probably a fuel pump but didn't think that a fuel pump would be in between. It's either bad and doesn't work or it's good and it works. My guy has a snap on scanner and I'm also getting lost communication with TCM. Any thoughts?

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exact same issue on 2007 Yukon. Replaced O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2, it was bad but didn't fix issue. A couple different mechanics have told me probably a fuel pump but didn't think that a fuel pump would be in between. It's either bad and doesn't work or it's good and it works. My guy has a snap on scanner and I'm also getting lost communication with TCM. Any thoughts?

I have experienced a fuel pump failing, where the only the only noticeable symptom was slightly longer crank times. We didn't find it until we checked fuel pressure. A few tanks of E85 also gave me similar symptoms, since I hadn't done anything to clean out the system before trying to make the switch.

Module communications issues are something that I try to stay away from. So many things could factor into that, that it may not be a straight forward 'diagnose' over the internet and fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Yank