07 Denali XL Airbag light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSGKUNERT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this fall, I received a letter in the mail informing me that GM is issuing a preliminary recall for all models that contain the Takata airbag. (http://www.gmtakataairbag.com/product/public/us/en/takata_recall/home.html?)

A week later, my Airbag light came on and I get the "Service Airbag" warning every time I start the vehicle.

Does anybody know of a way to clear this CEL? Parts store says their diagnostic tool won't clear an airbag code.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend getting your truck scanned with a more advanced tool (Tech 2, e.g.,) to see what is throwing the code and then fix it. You can't just clear the code, because the light will just return as you didn't address the condition causing it.

I just fixed an airbag code in my Escalade. I was getting code B0084 which was the right side impact sensor. I replaced that sensor over the weekend and all is well.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark

Yugo

Reaction score
Probably one of your front airbag sensors needs replacing. Simple to fix. Before you do any scanning, just crawl under the front of the truck, might need to remove black plastic underguard for better visibility. You will see two airbag sensors mounted onto the front frame. Feel them both by hand. If bulged, cracked, etc. It probably needs replacing. Amazon has them for around $40 or $50 a piece.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend getting your truck scanned with a more advanced tool (Tech 2, e.g.,) to see what is throwing the code and then fix it. You can't just clear the code, because the light will just return as you didn't address the condition causing it.

I just fixed an airbag code in my Escalade. I was getting code B0084 which was the right side impact sensor. I replaced that sensor over the weekend and all is well.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark

Mark, by any chance do you have the part number for the sensor? I just scanned my '07 Yukon, came up with code B00084-39, Right Front Sensor.

Let me know.

Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9